After Updating Rom

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Travis798, May 2, 2010.

1. Travis798

Travis798 New Member

Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching but there is so much talk all around these forums about rom's/kernels and such it makes it a pain to find anything. Anyway, on to my question.

I finally decided to root my phone last night, and I'm assuming now that I have SPRecovery installed all I need to do to install a rom is wipe/download the rom and kernel, rename to update.zip and install them through the boot screen. Please correct me if I'm wrong there.

Anyway, to my actual question. After updating a rom, do you have to *228 and activate/update prl? I'm thinking of installing bugless beast but if you have to *228 again I'll have to choose an opportune time since I have to drive about 20 miles to get in an area that will let me (I roam off USCC at home).

I'm assuming if all your SID/NAM info is wiped out I could still set the phone up manually, however I have yet to find a place where I can update my prl manually?
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

The install of the ROM depends on how the ROM is formatted. Usually with SPRecovery, the ROM will be in a tarball.

No, you shouldnt have to reactivate and update the PRL.
  3. Travis798

Travis798 New Member

Thanks. As long as I don't have to reactivate and update the PRL I can play with the phone/read more and figure the rest out.

*Edit* I now have bugless beast installed without having to *228. Thanks a bunch LTKen.
    Last edited: May 2, 2010
  4. verian

verian Guest

Any rom you will be flashing should have the new baseband in with it. You only have to reactivate after switching baseband. C_01.3E.03P If thats the one you have just make sure the rom you pick has the same on. Most will.
Search tags for this page

info uscc.at