1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

After Updating Rom

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Travis798, May 2, 2010.

1. Travis798

Travis798 New Member

Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching but there is so much talk all around these forums about rom's/kernels and such it makes it a pain to find anything. Anyway, on to my question.

I finally decided to root my phone last night, and I'm assuming now that I have SPRecovery installed all I need to do to install a rom is wipe/download the rom and kernel, rename to update.zip and install them through the boot screen. Please correct me if I'm wrong there.

Anyway, to my actual question. After updating a rom, do you have to *228 and activate/update prl? I'm thinking of installing bugless beast but if you have to *228 again I'll have to choose an opportune time since I have to drive about 20 miles to get in an area that will let me (I roam off USCC at home).

I'm assuming if all your SID/NAM info is wiped out I could still set the phone up manually, however I have yet to find a place where I can update my prl manually?
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

The install of the ROM depends on how the ROM is formatted. Usually with SPRecovery, the ROM will be in a tarball.

No, you shouldnt have to reactivate and update the PRL.
  3. Travis798

Travis798 New Member

Thanks. As long as I don't have to reactivate and update the PRL I can play with the phone/read more and figure the rest out.

*Edit* I now have bugless beast installed without having to *228. Thanks a bunch LTKen.
    Last edited: May 2, 2010
  4. verian

verian Guest

Any rom you will be flashing should have the new baseband in with it. You only have to reactivate after switching baseband. C_01.3E.03P If thats the one you have just make sure the rom you pick has the same on. Most will.
Search tags for this page

info uscc.at