After updating 2.01, MMS still can't be sent?

JFM-jr

Reaction score
I have the identical issue as the post above what gives? My wife has a Droid and sends pics with no issue.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I am using Handcent, so I never see a "clock" I get the usual wait "pulse" for about 3 seconds on a typical 5 MP picture and that is it

JFM-jr

Reaction score
I tryed handcent and got the circular pulse and it never goes away . . . . Hopefully this update tomorrow will cure the problem otherwise I guess it's off to the Verizon store.

Jscullin

Reaction score
I noticed Handcent wouldn't download the MMS on its own or even if I hit the "download" button in the msg. I would have to open the standard messaging app, which would then display the MMS automatically, and then go back into Handcent to also see it there.

They just updated it last night and I haven't had a chance to see if it corrected that. It was also doing it with emails that people fwd to my phone #.

JFM-jr

Reaction score
OK I got the update today and was still not able to send picture messages. I called Verizon customer service and the tech had me do a "Factory data reset" and this cured my problem. Now I have only had my phone for a bit less than a week so I had not amassed many apps,files,etc. You will need to backup your data if you want it saved. I did not do this and lost the few free apps I had. All my contacts remained intact. Be sure to figure out how to properly backup your phone before doing this you WILL lose everything but it cured my picture messaging issue.

P.S. he told me if it did not work he was authorizing a replacement for me that it was an issue with the phone itself.