after update will easyroot still work??

jloya

Reaction score
Hey,

So the much anticipated release of froyo is supposedly tomorrow....my question is will the 1 click easy root still be work after the update? I have held of on rooting my phone until the update was released so thats why I am asking.

thanks

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think someone will have to test this theory, I know on the Droid 1 after the frg22 update easy root no longer works...so I would be surprised if it did

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
hmmm i see, thanks for the quick reply :)

Jaeger

Reaction score
Is there an easy root program that we can load onto the pc or the phone that will re root for us tech challenged folks after the update? I'm already rooted with the current easyroot program. I suppose its all speculation until the update is released.
I really don't want to lose the root programs that I have now.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
Is there an easy root program that we can load onto the pc or the phone that will re root for us tech challenged folks after the update? I'm already rooted with the current easyroot program. I suppose its all speculation until the update is released.
I really don't want to lose the root programs that I have now.

as far as I know (atleast from the screen shots ive seen) the easy root program as a "unroot" button on the device to return it back to normal

however I dont know how this will affect the programs that you use that require root

Jaeger

Reaction score
It does and I'll unroot it sometime tonight. The root only programs will still be there, they just won't work. I'd just like to be all ready to go to regain root access ASAP.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
thats where it gets a bit fuzzy, i guess we wont know if the easy root will still work after the froyo update. Only time and trail n error can tell

im sure if easy root doesnt work it wont be long before its back up and running