1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

After Update - Lost Root can't get back- Samsung Fascinate

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by HeatherStone, May 26, 2011.

1. HeatherStone

HeatherStone New Member

Hello everyone!! dancedroid

So new to the forum, done lots of research still can't fix this issue.

Have a Samsung Fascinate, rooted and it was working marvelous with Titanum Backup and Superuser. Was able to use it as a teether and wireless. Was in a wonderful world. Till.......

I Did the 2.2.1 Update. Can't use the teether, says it's not rooted, but the Titanum Backup and Superuser are still there and cant' get them off. Can see the Teether can't use it.

First tried to re run the same root pkg to see if I could get the root back, never did! So then thought maybe I should take off the Superuser and Titainum Backup and it would let me re-root the phone! Tried to use Z4 apk and that wouldn't unroot the phone. Tried to do to the ADB Developer, and couldn't get that to work, way way way to technical, but I tried it. Tried to do the su and get permission are denied.

I'm not really technical, just to a point.. BUT i'm so lost at this point.. The phone is definately not bricked. We did the volume down arrow and power key and it goes into Safemode. I just want to root the darn thing again so I can use the teether wireless..

Please help, I'm desperate...:icon_eek:
    Heather ;)
  2. Section8

Section8 New Member

First do you have the newest version of z4 root? The apk is version 1.3 I think. Try that first. If that fails try wiping the cache and retry. If that fails try wiping data and cache and try again.
  3. HeatherStone

HeatherStone New Member

When you say try that first? in the Z4 screen, Do you mean.. Click on unroot, or permanent root?
  4. HeatherStone

HeatherStone New Member

THAT DIDN'T WORK.. ANY OTHER IDEAS??? anyone, please.

Hit the permanent root. it sat there for 10 minutes and did nothing.
  5. SithDroid2187

SithDroid2187 New Member

Look for Superoneclickroot on xda-developers.com I used the latest version to root a Fascinate with the latest update on it.