After unrooting, can't update to 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mineman43, Dec 12, 2010.

1. mineman43

mineman43 New Member

Hi!
    I have a droid 1. Last night I decided to unroot and start over. I used RSDLite to flash the 2.1 sbf file provided. That worked fine. Then I found a 2.2 manual update online, and downloaded it, and put it on the root of my sd card. I reboot into Clockwork and click the "apply sdcard:update" and it starts to verify and then stops and says. "Can't mount dev/block/mmcblk0p1 Action aborted"
    After I had unrooted, I backed up my sd card to pc and then completely reformatted, then I downloaded the update. Please help:)

It says "failed to verify whole-life package
    "signature verification failed"
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  2. hradek422

hradek422 Member

I've had that same trouble with SPRecovery. Try this, while in recovery mode, reboot and go directly back into recovery mode. Each time you do this, try a nandroid backup. If it let's you do the backup, it will let you install your update. Again, this works for me on SPRecovery. Sometimes it takes a few reboots for me. Let me know if that works for you.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  3. droidcruzer

droidcruzer New Member

I don't even bother with trying to do all of that. I just downloaded the 2.2 sbf file and flashed the phone using RSD. You download the file, start up RSD, plug in your phone, boot into the flash mode (by holding up on the D pad), and click on start.
Search tags for this page
motorola bionic update could not be validated

unrooted droid x2 update could not be validated

update could not be properly validated