after the hype

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Dude, you have a bionic. That phone is notorious for lag. We are looking for feed back from people who already have the S4. This thread has been helpful for me. I've decided to get the S4 because of all the good reviews

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

Your right it would be a major upgrade for me. It doesn't hurt to ask questions i like hearing what each person feels about the phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

AverageJoe

Reaction score
Coming from a Razr: I like my s4, but I think the razr had a better design. The s4 is very slick to hold, but is fine with a case. I also think samsungs "designed by nature" sounds and wallpapers are quite feminine. I simply downloaded some wallpaper and ringtone apps to fix that. Overall, I am pretty happy with it. Sucks that Motorola hasn't come out with anything to compete, I would have been happy to get another Motorola phone.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
I was thinking iphone but they have too many restrictions

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How is everyone feeling about their phone now? Like it, hate it,. ......

The commercials make this phone look great but i hear things like motion cam not flawless. Speed not as fast as it should be on verizon. Texting to be a mess. So just had to ask

Im hoping the phone doesnt start to lag a year later

I was thinking iphone but they have too many restrictions

Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't join an owner's forum and use phrases like the ones you've picked. I'm hearing a lot of negativity in your posts -- I'm sure you have some legitimate concerns (that's called due diligence) -- but if I owned the S4, by the way you're asking, I'd think you were doing a good job trolling. That last mention of the "phone we don't name here" was a particularly low blow. :blink:

-Matt

debrad0307

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't join an owner's forum and use phrases like the ones you've picked. I'm hearing a lot of negativity in your posts -- I'm sure you have some legitimate concerns (that's called due diligence) -- but if I owned the S4, by the way you're asking, I'd think you were doing a good job trolling. That last mention of the "phone we don't name here" was a particularly low blow. :blink:

-Matt

That's exactly what I was trying to say. You took the words right out of my mouth. For someone who wants opinions on a phone he sure has a lot of negative things to say about the S4. That's why I made the comment about his bionic.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That's exactly what I was trying to say. You took the words right out of my mouth. For someone who wants opinions on a phone he sure has a lot of negative things to say about the S4. That's why I made the comment about his bionic.

Which is why I *liked* your post. :)

I'm sure the OP is a good guy. I've learned that either everyone in the forum is angry and complaining because the device is junk, or they're hanging out because they love it and want to learn more. Seems like the S4 gang is the second type.

Here is a good example of how to approach other S4 owners with a legitimate question, and it even mentions the unmentionable phone:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-galaxy-s4/247016-i-need-sell-my-s4.html

Just looking for some guidance, my wife came from an iphone to try the S4 and has decided she wants to switch back to Iphone, i know i know. But its outside the 14 day window. How should I go about getting this swapped? Sell S4 on ebay then buy white iphone 5 on ebay after that? Any guidance would be appreciated
It's just a matter of respecting the owners and being careful how you ask!

-Matt

tc1

Reaction score
If I went from something other than a S3 I would think it was the greatest phone ever.

It's nice but it's not much of an upgrade over the S3 to be honest.

Yes there are lots of under the hood features but the main thing for me is that it has a nicer, bigger screen.

Good battery and I love the quick charge technology built into the chipset.

Some of the gestures/features are nice some gimmicky at best.

The smart pause is useless for my as not only does it not work well, but it will constantly pause when I am looking straight at the phone. I had to turn off his feature.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

jamjr74

Reaction score
Previous s3 owner here, upgraded to s4 and love, love, love the s4. S3 is still a solid device but the s4 is a nice upgrade. Better and bigger screen, better battery life and I like the physical design.

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
I upgraded from the s3 which was very solid. But I have to say I like the s4 a lot. I definitely like it better. Super fast (after I removed the bloatware) beautiful screen., excellent battery. Great phone

debrad0307

Reaction score
Previous s3 owner here, upgraded to s4 and love, love, love the s4. S3 is still a solid device but the s4 is a nice upgrade. Better and bigger screen, better battery life and I like the physical design.

That's what I've been waiting for. A response like that. I'm looking into upgrading to the S4 in August. I've been comparing the S4 and the note 2 and I've come to the conclusion that the S4 is the better choice for me.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I upgraded from the s3 which was very solid. But I have to say I like the s4 a lot. I definitely like it better. Super fast (after I removed the bloatware) beautiful screen., excellent battery. Great phone

Have you flashed a custom rom yet or just rooted? Is rooting the S4 as easy as the S3 is?

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score

-Matt

That last mention was dangerous and my apologies for that. Thank you for highlighting all my quotes lol. I'm concerned that's all it is. I did go to best buy and play around with the s4 and it is a beauty. I think i will pick this up this week once my paycheck comes through

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That last mention was dangerous and my apologies for that. Thank you for highlighting all my quotes lol. I'm concerned that's all it is. I did go to best buy and play around with the s4 and it is a beauty. I think i will pick this up this week once my paycheck comes through

Hey, please remember I was teasing -- secretly I have the same concerns as you, I'm just a lot more shy about sharing them. And the iPhone, truthfully if people can't talk about whatever phone they want here then something's wrong. But you also have to show your team colors and trash-talk the competition. ;)

I had started out looking at the S3, and wouldn't let myself even glance at the S4, let alone pick one up and try it. Eventually my will-power broke down and now I'm watching the price on Amazon daily (I forgot that Best Buy aggressively price-matches now too). I'd be all over the S4 if (a) my Droid 3 hadn't suddenly gotten a second wind and started working again, and (b) Verizon hadn't announced that they're selling the HTC One. Right now I'm split between the two phones. What it will come down to is the price of each phone once the One's released, and whether I decide I want the amazing software and camera on the S4 (plus the removable battery and card slot), or the clean metal unibody on the One.

Please keep the forum posted on what you end up doing. :)

-Matt

debrad0307

Reaction score
Hey, please remember I was teasing -- secretly I have the same concerns as you, I'm just a lot more shy about sharing them. And the iPhone, truthfully if people can't talk about whatever phone they want here then something's wrong. But you also have to show your team colors and trash-talk the competition. ;)

I had started out looking at the S3, and wouldn't let myself even glance at the S4, let alone pick one up and try it. Eventually my will-power broke down and now I'm watching the price on Amazon daily (I forgot that Best Buy aggressively price-matches now too). I'd be all over the S4 if (a) my Droid 3 hadn't suddenly gotten a second wind and started working again, and (b) Verizon hadn't announced that they're selling the HTC One. Right now I'm split between the two phones. What it will come down to is the price of each phone once the One's released, and whether I decide I want the amazing software and camera on the S4 (plus the removable battery and card slot), or the clean metal unibody on the One.

Please keep the forum posted on what you end up doing. :)

-Matt

Haha I used to be like you. I wouldn't look at the S4 but the other day I went into Verizon and played with one. I like it a lot. Upgrading in August :D