After the .604 update.. phone restarting by itself

sevinwilson

Reaction score
Phone has restarted itself multiple after installing the update. Everything else is running much faster with no lagging between screens. Is anyone having this problem? How can this be fixed? if it all.

Grifter

Reaction score
Phone has restarted itself multiple after installing the update. Everything else is running much faster with no lagging between screens. Is anyone having this problem? How can this be fixed? if it all.

Only thing I can suggest, is trying a factory reset and then attempting to install the update again. it might have hiccupped on you during the install or the initial download.

OP
S

sevinwilson

Reaction score

Only thing I can suggest, is trying a factory reset and then attempting to install the update again. it might have hiccupped on you during the install or the initial download.

How do i do a factory reset? and what all will i lose?

Grifter

Reaction score

Go to Settings >Privacy >Factory Reset.

It will reset your phone like it was when you first got it - so any applications you downloaded you will need to re-download again. You shouldn't be charged again for their download for any you paid for. Market remembers that.

If you can keep it up long enough, try doing a backup of your apps.

OP
S

sevinwilson

Reaction score

It will reset your phone like it was when you first got it - so any applications you downloaded you will need to re-download again. You shouldn't be charged again for their download for any you paid for. Market remembers that.

I have done a factory reset and the phone continues to reboot itself 4-5 times a day. Is there any fix to this? Are other people having this problem?

Grifter

Reaction score

I have done a factory reset and the phone continues to reboot itself 4-5 times a day. Is there any fix to this? Are other people having this problem?

I don't know of anyone else having this issue. But you still fall within your 30 day window. Take it back and let them know it's been faulty since you tried to do the update.

phatkat66

Reaction score
My phone has restarted maybe 2 - 3 times since the update (maybe more if I didnt see it). Its not as constant as your issue but i don't like the idea of it either. I turned my head this morning and saw the M sign... and i was thinkin "wait when did i battery pull....." and i realized my phones restarting itself.

OP
S

sevinwilson

Reaction score
My phone has restarted maybe 2 - 3 times since the update (maybe more if I didnt see it). Its not as constant as your issue but i don't like the idea of it either. I turned my head this morning and saw the M sign... and i was thinkin "wait when did i battery pull....." and i realized my phones restarting itself.

I'm not sure if the next update will improve it or what? It seems like its a rare issue so who knows if verizon will do anything to fix it.

phatkat66

Reaction score
It hasn't happened enough to make me want to replace. Its just one of those "wtf" moments where i just looked and noticed its restarting, but it loads so fast I dont mind i kinda like seeing the eye greeting me cuz we jus made ....eye to eye LOL