1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

After system and boot format phone went crazy!

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by MegaSam, Feb 23, 2011.

1. MegaSam

MegaSam New Member

So I followed GLD's method of installing PE 4.2, I wiped data and formatted system and boot. I never formatted system nor boot before for a new ROM, but since it was in the instructions I did. Now the ROM has serious issues. Sometimes whenever I update an app the phone reboots, certain apps or games (like fruit ninja, angry birds etc.) force close all the time. I did restore the apps from titanium backup from a previous ROM, but I uninstalled the apps and reinstalled them and they still force close. I also wiped dalvik cache and fixed permissions and wiped my sd card, it didn't help. So I thought it was something wrong with the ROM itself, I switched to bugless beast and the same problems occur. How can I fix all this?!?
  2. jerkface80

jerkface80 New Member

When you reinstalled the apps the second time, did you use TiBu or the market? I'm assuming you meant via market, but if not, you might want to install them via market instead, then restore the app DATA only.

Also, I've found that restoring account settings via TiBu to cause problems for me as well. The guide specifically mentions not to restore Bluetooth, but you may want to try manually re-inputing your accounts, wifi, etc. Doing so has helped me resolve similar problems to what you're describing in the past.
  3. MegaSam

MegaSam New Member

Yes the second time I installed the apps was from the market, the apps work IF I do not restore just the data through titanium. But whats most annoying is the reboots from updating apps.
  4. jerkface80

jerkface80 New Member

What kernel are you running? Are you overclocking? Could be a kernel or overclocking issue... I would try flashing a different kernel or reducing the overclock speed.

The only other suggestion I have would be to wipe everything and reinstall the rom without using TiBu to restore your system settings/data in addition to using the market to restore your apps.