After SBF to 602, OTA to 605 root with one click things were fine and now ...

BadeMillsap

Reaction score
I had reinstalled Titanium, had resored apps+data ... all was fine ... then I did the V6 Supercharge and needed to reboot to activate ... clicked on Droid 2 Bootstrapper told it to reboot ... but it didn't ... did a battery pull ...gets me back to D2Bootstrapper ... but when I choose reboot system ... it shows the red M logo then blanks the screen and then nothing else happens ... HELP!!

I used the EZSBF and that seemed to go fine ... I'd do it again but cant get to BOOTLOADER now ... ???

OP
B

BadeMillsap

Reaction score
Managed to get to BOOTLOADER and done SBF ... so I guess the question now is ... what do you do if you can't get it to boot from Droid 2 Bootstrapper or any other way?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
do you have a dx or d2/ sorry for delay in responding.

OP
B

BadeMillsap

Reaction score
I have a DX ... I used the D2 Bootstrapper because that is what I had been using since the GB update from Froyo and rooting GB. At this point I have done the 602 EasySBF, installed the OTA 605 update, rooted with D3 one click and gotten most of my apps back via Titanium ... I have reinstalled D2 Bootstrapper from Market but have not yet tried to run it because I was a little gun shy at this point ... I have also at this point not done the V6 Supercharger this go round but I really like the effect that has on the performance of my phone and want to get back to it. So I guess my next step will be to run D2 Bootstrapper and see if I can get a nandroid backup of this point in time built and then boot from cwr but if you have any words of wisdom about what to do if I get in the same mess with unable to get it to boot in any way once D2 Bootstrapper has initiated I'd be happy to hear. Thanks!!

manfromnc

Reaction score
My problem is I needed to SBF my Droidx back to .340 because VZW wanted to upgrade my .602 to .605 and I lost all root. So anyway, I did a full SBF to factory stock. Upgraded to .605, used one click root, installed CWM2, loaded my latest Backup (01/07/12). everything looked great until I get this message that VZW wants to install .605. Checked system and it shows I am at .602. What do I need to do? Thanx...dancedroid

clueless77

Reaction score
What actual ROM are you using or is a stock backup, if so its because your back up was most likely a backup of 4.5.602, if this is the case just take the update then reroot using same method, if you are running a custom ROM it is likely it was built on 4.5.602

BAD ASS X

manfromnc

Reaction score
Thanx BAX for the response. I had a Clockwork BU...so you are prob right...What I ended up doing was go into Tit. BU and and Freeze the updater. So I'll stay on 602 until I need to upgrade. Or do I really need to go to .605??...Heard that was only a keyboard fix...

clueless77

Reaction score
Its true, only a keyboard fix, if you arent having issues the update isn't needed, plus if you ever install a newer ROM it will be on 605 anyway

BAD ASS X