after rooting??

BAMA74

Reaction score
I'm a noob when it comes to rooting but i tried it and now when i go to my contacts i get this application contacts storage(process com.motorola.contacts) has stopped unexpectedly.please try again force close??????:icon_eek:

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I'm a noob when it comes to rooting but i tried it and now when i go to my contacts i get this application contacts storage(process com.motorola.contacts) has stopped unexpectedly.please try again force close??????:icon_eek:

Did you do anything else, like try removing apps? What method did you use to root? Did you try a battery pull?

OP
B

BAMA74

Reaction score
I did the 1-click root method and i have titanium back-up and i've unistalled kindle books,vzw apps,blockbuster,books,citrix,city id,flickr,gotomeeting,giuded tours,lets golf,news,nfl mobile,nova,quick office,social location,social messaging,social networking,twitter authenticator,vcast media manager,vcast music,vcast tones,vz nav,yahoo contacts,yahoo mail authenticator and no i haven't done a battery pull yet.

cyferhax

Reaction score
twitter authenticator,yahoo contacts,yahoo mail authenticator
from what I've been reading, removing those is whats causing your problem; since you uninstalled them instead of freezing, you will have to reinstall them somehow. I know theres some system dumps floating around and you'll just have to put the apk/odex files back and set the permissions correctly; hopefully. though uninstalling might also have removed some library files from /system/lib that you'll have to put back, too. good luck.

Reaction score
Blur relies on some of the stupider stuff like yahoo, and flickr in other services that blur runs, so when they go missing blur gets confused as hell... also, twitter and basically anything social...

-Saik0

12Bravo

Reaction score
Answer to your question

Hey I just rooted my Droid 3, and was having the same problems you were. I went back into my titanium backup and defrosted my Yahoo contacts and Yahoo mail Authenticator. My quick contacts work fine now. You might want to freeze the apps that you don't want instead of uninstalling them. This method made my phone go a lot faster. Then only thing is that it doesn't free up space. I hope this helped. I did not uninstall any of the preloaded apps.

FinalTrigger

Reaction score
Hey guys real quick..i noticed in my superuser allow section i have TiBu which is good, but also listed is superuser....is that normal. Reason why i ask is why would superuser allow superuser? When i loaded up superuser it told me to update it and when i did it added itself to the allow list. If this is not supposed to be how can i fix it.

OP
B

BAMA74

Reaction score
from what I've been reading, removing those is whats causing your problem; since you uninstalled them instead of freezing, you will have to reinstall them somehow. I know theres some system dumps floating around and you'll just have to put the apk/odex files back and set the permissions correctly; hopefully. though uninstalling might also have removed some library files from /system/lib that you'll have to put back, too. good luck.
I have no clue on how to get this back to normal:icon_eek:

jjhiza

Reaction score
Hey I just rooted my Droid 3, and was having the same problems you were. I went back into my titanium backup and defrosted my Yahoo contacts and Yahoo mail Authenticator. My quick contacts work fine now. You might want to freeze the apps that you don't want instead of uninstalling them. This method made my phone go a lot faster. Then only thing is that it doesn't free up space. I hope this helped. I did not uninstall any of the preloaded apps.

I agree... personally, I never remove apps, I just freeze them. Full disclosure: it's really down to the fact that I don't download a ton of apps (so extra space isn't an issue), nor do I want to scour the web for a laundry list of apps that are/aren't safe to delete. My "rule of thumb" is always, if you're not sure what you're doing, don't do anything. OP, once you get things back to normal, just make sure you're comfortable with what you're doing in the future. That's a much safer way to avoid issues and bricks. :)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys real quick..i noticed in my superuser allow section i have TiBu which is good, but also listed is superuser....is that normal. Reason why i ask is why would superuser allow superuser? When i loaded up superuser it told me to update it and when i did it added itself to the allow list. If this is not supposed to be how can i fix it.

That is normal.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have no clue on how to get this back to normal:icon_eek:

Have to find the apks from someone nice enough to give them to you. You will have to adb push them to your device, so do not factory reset. This will lock you out of adb.

Invader DJ

Reaction score
I did the 1-click root method and i have titanium back-up and i've unistalled kindle books,vzw apps,blockbuster,books,citrix,city id,flickr,gotomeeting,giuded tours,lets golf,news,nfl mobile,nova,quick office,social location,social messaging,social networking,twitter authenticator,vcast media manager,vcast music,vcast tones,vz nav,yahoo contacts,yahoo mail authenticator and no i haven't done a battery pull yet.

Do not under any circumstances uninstall system apps unless you know what you're doing and have a way to easily undo it. It is real easy to soft brick your phone doing that, and there is no backup or easy way to undo it. Make a backup before you do anything, read on what is necessary to stop FCs, bootloops, etc and then freeze it using a program like Titanium Backup.

Since you deleted the apps I'm not real sure how to get them back, I'm pretty sure I saw another thread on here with some suggestions but it involves from heavy adb work...

klaugh

Reaction score
Reference this post:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-assistance-dont-wipe-device.html#post1708913

This post gives a very good and clear explanation of how to get those APK's and ODEX's back that you accidentally deleted instead of freezing.

I accidentally hit delete instead of freeze for Yahoo! Contacts and got contact list errors, following those steps I restored it and it's working perfectly now.

Very simple instructions.