1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

after reseting

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jakd_it, Jul 11, 2012.

1. jakd_it

jakd_it New Member

so i did a reset trough the screen under privacy in the settings menu cause a store clerk told me it would help with some glitching - and after, the phone prompted me to dial a number to activate it and when i clicked that - it did nothing but beep at me.
    any one got any ideas on how i can get back into my phone - jailbroken or not, i think jailbreaking could be better actualy
    oh- its a droid x2
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello and welcome to the droid forums... I'm sure we will be able to get your device straightened out.. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
  3. jakd_it

jakd_it New Member

thank you so much. i just talked to a friend and found out rooting is the term for wideopenspaces. feel kinda stupid about that. ya, i guess what im trying to ask is whether or not rooting the phone at this point would be a better option for tablet type use, i mean I have made maybe two phone calls in the year that I have had it. and if so, how do I do it? is a rooting kinda like installing a new OS? is it a program i can install via usb cable from my comp? and where do i find the root program ie pirate bay or something?
  4. jakd_it

jakd_it New Member

it so weird, when i turn the phone back on i get a screen that says touch the android to begin, so i touch it, the it says click activate to activate your phone and i do, so it makes a call, and sultry voice on the other end says thankyou for calling verizon and then it just beeps a bunch of times hangs up and says activation unsucessful. i cant get back into any sort of main screen at all
  5. 94lt1

Are you stock??

So you call to activate and it says unsuccessful? And it worked before?? You had it activated on the network??

To bypass activating it tap the top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right corners of the phone. This will bypass the activation screen.

6. jakd_it

jakd_it New Member

i found out in another forum - rooting an x2 may require being able to get into the settings menu and debugging screen - does this mean im S>O>L>?
  7. 94lt1

No.. just tap the corners like I posted above, and you should be able to get to those screens..

8. jakd_it

jakd_it New Member

ya it was on verizon, during what part of the boot do i try that corner tap thing, cause i tried it in a clockwise way starting top left and around during all the boot screens and nothing happened, i just tried it your way on the screen that says "activate this phone" and nothing happens
  9. 94lt1

Let it boot up.. and it will show the activate screen.. then touch the corners. It may be clock wise. Starting from left top..

10. jakd_it

jakd_it New Member

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! IDK how i did it, but i got back in, it might have been top left bottom left top right bottom right. im gonna take the info ive got on rooting and try to figure it out, if I need anything else may I contact here again - again thank you - hope to hear back again soon
  11. jakd_it

jakd_it New Member

ok, so im successfully rooted with gingerbreak2.3.4 on a stock x2, now the fun should begin, ya? one of my friends just informed me NOT to use thew standard market place to get aps as this can cause tracing issues and aps from there wont work from there like the ap store on a jailbroken ipone, so...., where do i go to get sweet free aps, and how do i install them?

ok, so the root was successful, thank you to the creators of MotorolaOneClickRoot, i now have an x2 on gingerbreak 2.3.4. This is my first hacked phone though and have no clue how to get cool new free aps, does any one have any more last bit of advise for this noob on how to continue taking full advantage of my new(used, old) device? how to get free aps off the web and how to install them...? thankyou thankyou thankyou
  12. jakd_it

jakd_it New Member

thanx again
  13. jakd_it

jakd_it New Member

ok, noob mistake, ive done some reading up and have found out rooting is good for access. and the os swap is a rom, correct? are there any roms one might recommend? from what I gather many are available. I tend to use my phone for facesaving, music, and navi type stuff and not necessarily in that order of imporance, and texting of course, googlevoice is one i frequent, being that its free...
Search tags for this page

bypass activation screen razr m

bypass droid razr m activation screen

bypass+activation+screen+droid+razr maxx
droid razr m bypass activation

droid razr m bypass activation screen

how to bypass the motorola vanquish screen

motorola droid razr maxx bypass activation
motorola razr getting out the activation screen
motorola vanquish bypass code