After refreshing AND receiving new email... 5 minutes later -- authentication error:

altjx

Reaction score
Not sure what's going on. Just got my droid razr maxx yesterday and today I just enabled google 2-step authentication. I've added an application/site password (the long random characters) and it worked perfectly on my phone. However, a few minutes later, it tells me that my username or password is incorrect. I'm not sure what the hell is going on... How come it refreshes and allows me to even see new email, and then turns around and tell me that credentials are invalid?

Trash Can

Reaction score
I use two step verification on multiple devices with no problems, including my Maxx. I use the Gmail app versus the email app. Did you enter the long code in your Google account or in the email app itself? Not sure if it makes any difference.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Are you using AOL email?

Nope, gmail. Sorry I forgot to mention this.

I use two step verification on multiple devices with no problems, including my Maxx. I use the Gmail app versus the email app. Did you enter the long code in your Google account or in the email app itself? Not sure if it makes any difference.

Weird, it's been working since I posted this... But for some reason, it kept prompting me after awhile. I use the regular email app, however. Not sure how it fixed itself but I'm glad it's back working.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
That was happening to me last week also, I deleted the account and re-added it several times and finally it just started working right.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
That was happening to me last week also, I deleted the account and re-added it several times and finally it just started working right.

Really? Wow... Interesting. I have 2 accounts added too. One gmail and another google apps. Seems like once I popped in the password for one, the other one said invalid, haha... Glad it wasn't just me :)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well at least you have it working now. It could also have been something on their end. That's what I was thinking at the time.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sometimes after making a change to the email, like your password with your PC, you should consider doing a backup of your email, the clear the data on the app. It sometimes clears up issues.

In many cases of trouble with an app, one of the first things I do is clear data on that app. As I said before, if you need to retain data, you should back it up.

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
shadez said:
well at least you have it working now. It could also have been something on their end. That's what i was thinking at the time.

+1

droid razr maxxamized!!!

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Sometimes after making a change to the email, like your password with your PC, you should consider doing a backup of your email, the clear the data on the app. It sometimes clears up issues.

In many cases of trouble with an app, one of the first things I do is clear data on that app. As I said before, if you need to retain data, you should back it up.

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Sounds good. I used Titanium to back everything up to my SD card, so should be good there.

+1

droid razr maxxamized!!!

Well at least you have it working now. It could also have been something on their end. That's what I was thinking at the time.

Agreed. Thanks man!