1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

After partitiioning sd card?

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Roms' started by broon, Sep 5, 2010.

1. broon

broon New Member

I rooted my dInc with UnRevoked & 4ever and am now running SkyRaider 3.0 Sense (seems stable & fast) and I see that there's an update available to SR Sense 3.1 RC3 - so I figure now is a good time to us ROM Manager to create an Ext partition for Apps on my 16G Kingston Class 10 SD card - although I've been using App2SD successfully w/o partitioning the card.
    So, I did nandroid & Titanium backups and copied my entire card to a folder on my PC.

My first question is what size ext partition should I choose? (I do currently have a ton of apps -but will be paring down to a leaner machine with fewer redundant apps). Also, what swap size do you suggest?
    2nd, Which folders and files do I want to copy from the SD Card folder on my PC to the ext partition on my card. Then all the rest to the main partition?
    Then, do I just replace the card and run the update with a full wipe?
    I already have the Goodies installed but will I want to d/l the newest kernel?
    Lastly, which of Titaniums' batch restore scenarios do I finish up with?
    I realize there are numerous ways to go on this but I'm hoping you folks have some experieince you can share before I make any major changes to a phone that's really running pretty well.
    I haven't gotten into overclocking - so far :)
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010