After Maxx you can't settle for a smaller battery?

nomadicnut

Reaction score
I can't imagine having to deal with a smaller battery then the RAZR Maxx. I would actually settle for a thicker phone to gain additional battery strength. It is such a pleasure not having to worry about charging up before a given activity as your confident you've got extra power.

When I was using the OG Droid or Droid X i would generally have to plan a charge before heading our for extended periods of photography or video taking. On holiday or simply a walk around say Boston, I had to remain conscious of the battery.

Let's hope battery technology grows in proportion, or close to, our insatiable appetite to use our phones in ever increasing ways.

I truly believe sooner than later our phones with yet untapped, not yet dreamt of technologies, will be the hub of our digital worlds. Most likely in the form of ideas like Google's glasses. We will soon no longer as individuals, utilize clunky items like desktops or for that matter laptops. We will walk free and unencumbered by cords and be able to interact with the world around us in ways not yet thought of.

All of it requiring ever increasing amounts of juice. Battery power.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
. We will walk free and unencumbered by cords and be able to interact with the world around us in ways not yet thought of.

Then we will have reached nirvana. A truly worthy objective to seek. Oh great battery gurus, please bless us with the power we seek.:hail:

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Then we will have reached nirvana. A truly worthy objective to seek. Oh great battery gurus, please bless us with the power we seek.:hail:

Getting close. Wireless charging is already out there. That's one step closer to being able to charge it while its in your pocket.

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2

Snoking

Reaction score
How about a small hydrogen fuel cell that powers the phone for a month? I would pay a buck or two a month for that! In the mean time my HTC Rezound does well with its extended 2750 ma battery.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I was just thinking about this. No way could I go back to a phone with a smaller battery. Its so nice to go all day with out a charge! I am kind of surprised that there are not more phones coming out with the 3300 battery other then the HD Maxx.

paulfromca

Reaction score
I just switched from the HTC Rezound w/extended battery to the Razr Maxx. I really loved my Rezound and the extended battery was awesome but, I've tasted all day battery life until I go to bed (18hrs) and I will not go back.

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
How about a belt case that doubles as a wireless charger while phone is holstered.

Nothing huge mind you, just enough to keep it topped off a bit while not in use.

Anything adding life to the battery while not in use, & while we remain on the move, is a huge market waiting to be developed by tech savvy folk.

A handy person could devise such a device today. All the technology is there, someone just needs to do it.

Any MIT students reading this?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
nomadicnut said:
How about a belt case that doubles as a wireless charger while phone is holstered.

Nothing huge mind you, just enough to keep it topped off a bit while not in use.

Anything adding life to the battery while not in use, & while we remain on the move, is a huge market waiting to be developed by tech savvy folk.

A handy person could devise such a device today. All the technology is there, someone just needs to do it.

Any MIT students reading this?

That would be nice. The concept of a linear induction type of set up would be interesting. Charge as you walk. They have flashlights with that type of technology. They just have to make it more efficient. More windings and a better core.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums