After many days, my #1 complaint is...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
How do you boot to fastboot? I had the "black screen of death" - my alarm even started going off but the screen was off and capacitative buttons unresponsive. Power button by itself didn't seem to do anything.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
That's possible, but unlikely. Stuff like that would likely be caught in pre production testing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

A lot of devices are released with bugs that people can agree should have been caught before release.

Most recently my i6 was released with bad wifi connectivity. It has gotten better with 8.1, but people are still complaining about it not being on par with the i5S performance.

Even Lollipop has issues. Things usually get ironed out over the long haul. How many firmware updates include and update to the radios? I'm not sure about Moto, but Samsung releases a lot of radio tweaks for their devices. Sometimes it is for the better and sometimes it isn't.

Hopefully it is just a software fix.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
How do you boot to fastboot? I had the "black screen of death" - my alarm even started going off but the screen was off and capacitative buttons unresponsive. Power button by itself didn't seem to do anything.

Press and hold the volume down and the power button at the same time.

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
I came from the Droid Maxx to this phone and the first thing I noticed is that I have to charge this more often than I did the Maxx. Using it as I did the Maxx. I probably would not have noticed the difference if I came from a different phone. I had grown used to charging every other day compared to every day with this device.

After some app issues, It became apparent that this was a defective device. Traded it in an the new phone is working great. Battery life has been equal to the Maxx that I had.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
The other thing I will add, simply from my point of view - To Me 48 hours means ... Two(2) Days. If someone says to me, "I'll get back to you in 48 hours" I expect two days.
My phone routinely goes two(2) days for me. Unplug it say, Monday morning and throw it on the charger Tuesday Night. For, me that is two days - 48 hours. ALL Monday and ALL Tuesday. FWIW.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A lot of devices are released with bugs that people can agree should have been caught before release.

Most recently my i6 was released with bad wifi connectivity. It has gotten better with 8.1, but people are still complaining about it not being on par with the i5S performance.

Even Lollipop has issues. Things usually get ironed out over the long haul. How many firmware updates include and update to the radios? I'm not sure about Moto, but Samsung releases a lot of radio tweaks for their devices. Sometimes it is for the better and sometimes it isn't.

Hopefully it is just a software fix.

Exactly, if you do not want bugs do not buy on day one. I suggest you wait a few months for a couple of software updates to fix the hiccups.