After installing rom

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
Sooo after u install your rom everythings all good u know its succesful, how do u restore all of your apps and everything??

Could really use the help... thanks

want a droid

Reaction score
If you didn't use an app to back them up (such as Titanium Pro), then just make sure your Google account is all signed in and back up and running and then just open the Market, go to My apps, and you'll see them downloading.

bball1794

Reaction score
I think he means just to make sure it is up and running. Just go into marketplace, go to downloads, and they should be there. But once you are in, don't get out, if you do and then go back in to your downloads, I think they'll be gone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
R

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
well there not downloadinggg.. and my contacts arnt syncingg...

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google matches your dl'd apps with your Google account. So when you sign back into your Google account after initial boot of the rom, Google will sync all of your apps. Then the mkt will automatically dl your apps. However, if you interrupt the sync process, or start using your phone before the dl is complete, your apps may not dl. When you signed in after initial boot, did you allow Google to fully sync (wait for the sync icon in status bar to cycle thru and disappear) before you pushed the "finish" button?? If not, then you probly interrupted the sync and it didn't complete properly.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
R

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
nopeeee, so i should wipe cache and data and then install rom again then wait for it this time??

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. Although, if you wipe a second time, your apps may not dl again cuz they didn't the first time. Hopefully they will. If not, you just have to redownload them all from the mkt. Next time make sure you have all your apps backed up with TiBu or something like that. And, make sure to allow full sync after initial boot and sign in; and don't touch your phone until the apps have all dl'd from the mkt. These lessons are coming from someone who's learned the hard way...several times. :)

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I'm well familiar with the pain of having to manually re-dl all of your apps from the mkt. The good news is that the aggravation ensures that you don't make the same mistake again.... ;)

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have all of your contacts set to sync with your gmail account online, right? If so, they will sync up. If you don't, then they were only on your phone and you wiped them. Go online to your gmail account - whatever contacts you have in there are what will sync.

Again, after you initially sign in to your gmail after first boot of the rom, you will get a message that says you have linked your phone to Google. There will be a "finish" button to press. But DON'T press it. Read the screen instructions. It will tell you to wait for the sync icon to appear, cycle, and disappear before all of your data is synced. After the sync icon cycles thru (it can take several minutes) then you can press the finish buotton, open the mkt, and see your apps dl'ing.

OP
R

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
gave upp... restored my backuppp... and my contacts and everythings good... but waitt(heres the catch) everything loaded BUT my data.... AHHHHHH!!!!!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well you wiped your data. The backup just restores you to the precise time you made your backup - anything after will not be in your backup. Get TiBu pro, and it will let you do a batch backup of all apps and data, and will also let you do a batch restore of all apps and data. Look around in the Project Elite threads for the D1 - GirLuvsDroid has done a thorough write up on how to backup and restore apps using TiBu, when flashing Roms.