After ics update, phone won't recognize car charger.

Taco

Reaction score
So I pulled the ics ota the other day and all seems well. However, my phone doesn't seem to recognize the car charger anymore. When I plug my phone into the wall charger the charging status light comes on and the screen turns on. This used to be the case for my car charger.

Now when its plugged in in the car it the charging light won't come on until I manually turn the screen on. It shows that its charging but upon arrival home after unplugging it, I have actually ran my battery into the ground and it says I've been on battery for 14 hours without a charge.

Not sure if the battery usage statistics are accurate seeing as I ran Pandora the entire hour long ride home from work and it doesn't even show up as 1% of used battery ... Go figure. Any idea what this issue could be? I need my Pandora and I need my GPS so charging in the car is a must!!!

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.

acejavelin

Reaction score
So I pulled the ics ota the other day and all seems well. However, my phone doesn't seem to recognize the car charger anymore. When I plug my phone into the wall charger the charging status light comes on and the screen turns on. This used to be the case for my car charger.

Now when its plugged in in the car it the charging light won't come on until I manually turn the screen on. It shows that its charging but upon arrival home after unplugging it, I have actually ran my battery into the ground and it says I've been on battery for 14 hours without a charge.

Not sure if the battery usage statistics are accurate seeing as I ran Pandora the entire hour long ride home from work and it doesn't even show up as 1% of used battery ... Go figure. Any idea what this issue could be? I need my Pandora and I need my GPS so charging in the car is a must!!!

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.
As much as I don't believe in coincidence, I do believe in bad luck... pretty sure your charger is bad and not putting out the required amperage anymore, thus not charging AND draining the battery. I find it difficult to believe this actually has anything to do with they ICS update, especially since the home charger works fine. BTW, my car charger from Sam's Club works just fine after the update.