After I rooted my droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tundra2000, Jun 30, 2010.

1. tundra2000

tundra2000 New Member

So I gain access to root my droid by following this guy
    Guide to Rooting Android 2.1 on a Motorola Droid - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    after that I successfully gain access to root my droid and went into rom manager to download bugless beast v1.1 after i got that downloaded and installed everything work fine but I went to milestone overclock to overclock my droid a bit and it said I need a root so I went to titanium backup and it shows Root access=> ok (busybox 1.16.2 from system) and I'm pretty sure all the root access aps work, Is this fine or is their a way I can get the root back to use milestone overclock or does it really matter now that my droid has 8 windows I can slide through on my home screen.
  2. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

If you go into terminal emulator you'll see $
    type su and hit enter
    if you get # then you are rooted and have super user permissions if not you lost your root and will have to root again
    and to overclock your droid go into rom manager and just download one of the overclock kernels i'm currently using chevy's ultra low voltage 1.2Ghz kernel but you can try any of them just make sure they're work with your rom
  3. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

also try going into the superuser apk and see if you have allowed your overclocking apk root permissions.