after i have rooted do i need rsdlite and bootstrap?

thebird36

Reaction score
i rooted the other day and i was wondering if i need rsdlite and bootstrap recov if i want to add roms to my droid 2

Canadroid

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you need the bootstrapper for loading ROMs, I have not played with that much yet--myself I grabbed it originally to do backups.

If you're going to test with D2 ROMS I would download RSD latest version and whatever .sbf file you would need to restore, just in case... ;)

OP
thebird36

thebird36

Reaction score
ill get on that tonite lol ...that's what she said... anyway! I have 1 more question... do I need to reroot my phone if I change my sd card? I ran out of room on my current 1

Canadroid

Reaction score
... do I need to reroot my phone if I change my sd card? I ran out of room on my current 1

OK so I think your answer here is No...but how did you accomplish root?

A copy of Superuser s/b in your system folder on the phone at this point; I'm pretty certain that any SU related files you might have on SD card left over from pushing or copying should not be needed for anything. I'm new at this so I'd get some confirmation on that or just backup all your non-media related SD card files on PC to be safe.

OP
thebird36

thebird36

Reaction score
Nvm I changed it and all I had to do was update rom manager and it works fine I did the root involving 3 progs on my sd then using terminal to get them off and it rooted. Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App