after flashing metro prl

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by eliteone1, Jul 24, 2010.

1. eliteone1

eliteone1 New Member

hey guys i got my esn added and everything. I flashed to PRL and after doing this should *228 work? because i keep getting msl04 call can not be completed error. Im running cyanogenmod 6 rc2, tried both 2003 and 2004 prl with no luck. Help would be really appreciated thanks!

ok i flashed my min to my phone number and now i can get *228. Even 611 tells me my account balance. does this mean my phone is 100% recognized and good to go for calls? because im trying to call and its not working says to make a collect call press 1... long distance credit card press 2.... 411 etc... wtf?
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  2. k0r

k0r New Member

I have a very similar problem. I can't make any calls, but when I call 288 or 611 it goes to metro. So what are we doing wrong? how do we program the phone???
  3. mmarcuse

mmarcuse New Member

Assuming your MDN and MIN are set correctly, have you set your home SID/NID to Metro? I have read in a couple of places that it's not enough to set the PRL, you also have to set the home SID/NID. Here's a good place to find out what your SID should be (NID=65535).

The Roaming Zone-System ID (SID) List

Also, what is your PRL version? I think the latest for EVDO phones is 2004, but it should match your Metro PCS plan. I couldn't find a source for the 2004 PRL, but if you flash 2001 and do a *228, it should update to the latest.

Corolada PRL Page

By the way, how did you get your ESN added to Metro? Did they just do it over the phone or did you have to go to a store and Metro flash? I want to flash an old Moto Q that is currently sitting in a drawer to replace my daughter's dying Metro phone. I got the provisioning of the phone done (I think), but I have not tried yet to have Metro add the ESN.
  4. droidster1

droidster1 New Member

I have the same question. Where did you get it done? Did they need the phone physically? Thanks
  5. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze New Member

Sorry to bump an old thread, but how do you set the MDN and MIN for Metro on the Droid? Thanks! And what are the numbers for them?
  6. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

whiterabbit.org

Give everything written and linked there a good read (in the 'android' section, I just thought the home page was cool).

good luck
  7. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze New Member

Thanks, but I've been there a hundred times and it just doesn't make sense, there's random updates scattered around, this and that, and what now there's an sbf but it doesn't tell you at all what you do after that?

Haha I don't know, whiterabbit just doesn't make sense to me, the it needs more organization IMHO (but I love those calculators!).
  8. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

Well, I'm sorry it wasn't easier for you, however what you want to do isn't easy at all and requires much more reading and research than just flashing a rom to one's phone.

I've never done it to the Droid, however I have flashed several other razr phones to other carriers firmwares for said carrier, or other carriers firmwares and made them still work on Verizon. Even had Goggle maps working on a razr (V3m) and razr2 (V9m), but the info to do this kind of instense stuff will never be found in one guide, it will ALWAYS be scattered. I will tell you, however, that if you have patience, you WILL find ALL the info you desire in the link I gave you.

So haha, there you have it.

good luck
  9. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze New Member

Got everything working finally. What do you tell Metro when you talk to the rep for the Model number? I have the Milestone firmware but it's a Verizon Droid. I heard from someone you aren't supposed to tell them it's a Droid period, is that true or not? What did you guys tell the reps and how did they take it?
Search tags for this page
2004 prl
contact apcsprl.com
droid make a collect call
how to get my min number from metro
how to get to the metro pcs mdn and min galaxy s3
manually update prl on metro pcs
metro pcs 2004 prl
metro pcs home sid
metro pcs mdn min and sid #
metro pcs sid list

metro prl