After connecting my phone to my computer, can no longer access internet or market

Kdeli

Reaction score
I tried to put some music from my comp to my Tbolt. It failed because of the ADB driver.

However, now I cannot connect to the internet or marketplace.

Verizon rep said he can't help me because I'm on a corporate plan and my boss isn't available to give password.

Advice?

Thank you

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Not sure why you were messing with ADB for this. Its a basic drag and drop thing when mounted. Have you tried a factory data reset?

Sent from somewhere...

OP
K

Kdeli

Reaction score
I didn't alter anything, I just downloaded HTC Sync (I think).

The rep WAS able to tell me that I need to make sure that my mass storage was off. I'm not sure how to check that. It's not under Settings-->SD & phone settings.

I can do a factory reset but I'd rather not lose all my apps and stuff. Or does that sound dumb?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't alter anything, I just downloaded HTC Sync (I think).

The rep WAS able to tell me that I need to make sure that my mass storage was off. I'm not sure how to check that. It's not under Settings-->SD & phone settings.

I can do a factory reset but I'd rather not lose all my apps and stuff. Or does that sound dumb?

You just pull down the window and you'll see if it's on Mass Storage, but I think that rep doesn't know what he's talking about. People hook up their phones all the time to PC's on Mass Storage. And on a Mac you have to have it on Mass Storage.

As far as a Factory Data Reset goes. The last time I did it all my apps came back. Lots of people are reporting that.

OP
K

Kdeli

Reaction score
Wait...I just turned on Mobile Network and it works now.

Why would connecting to my comp va USB turn off my network?

Sorry for this dumb mistake....

jogo21

Reaction score
Wait...I just turned on Mobile Network and it works now.

Why would connecting to my comp va USB turn off my network?

Sorry for this dumb mistake....

Not a dumb mistake. Exact same thing happened to mine and I couldn't receive any email. Just did what you did and my email worked again. Thanks for posting.