After Car Dock Rotation Not Working

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by VingInMedina, Mar 3, 2011.

1. VingInMedina

VingInMedina Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This has been a problem for me with every gingerbread ROM I've tried, so I wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this.

I put my phone into the car dock and the magnet has it go into the car mode. After that, the screen won't rotate any more. The only way to get it back to normal is to reboot the phone. It's stuck in whatever mode (landscape or portrait) that it was in when it switched to the car dock.

Interesting thing it that this does not happen when I put it into the multimedia dock and it goes into the clock mode.

It is becoming a real downer to running gingerbread as I don't want to put my phone into the nice holder I have for it in the car any more.

I was hoping that 5.01 would fix it, but no.

Has anyone else seen this, and were you able to fix it?

2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Looking into it - and I have an idea of how to fix it ... just so I'm clear - you put it into car dock, it rotates the display - but once you remove it, it will not go back to portrait and stays in landscape?

3. VingInMedina

VingInMedina Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, that's what happens.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. virtualhuman

virtualhuman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tested this and it works fine for me. I am able to rotate the car dock screen between landscape and portrait, and am also able to rotate the home screen between landscape and portrait once I remove the phone from the car dock.

Info on my phone: Did a full wipe coming to SS 5.01 from SS 4.9, did not use rstapps to restore anything (let market pull down apps and selectively used TB to restore data only). I have 180 and 270 degree rotation enabled, and only tested this out using LauncherPlus Pro.

Also, thanks for all of your awesome work, Chevy!

5. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for your testing and support - if it is working for you, there is likely nothing for me to fix!

VingInMedina - did you wipe as well?

6. VingInMedina

VingInMedina Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, I did the wipe when installing 5.0. I've tried Liquid and UltimateDroid and have the same problem with them as well. I am using a different car home app, so perhaps that is causing the problem. I'll try removing the app I am using, go back to the default car app, and see if it is still having a problem.

7. VingInMedina

VingInMedina Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't know why I didn't try this earlier.

The problem is in fact with the Car Home app (by The Spinning Head). If I just run this app by itself the rotation no longer functions.

So, for now I will just use the stock app. Thanks to everyone who took a look at this for me.

8. technologeek

technologeek New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please let me know how you removed the other app. Thanks!

9. VingInMedina

VingInMedina Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Since it was just an app I downloaded from the market, I went to Setting -> Manage Applications and removed it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

10. technologeek

technologeek New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, thanks for the quick reply.

Anyone else help?

I have 2 car homes listed in my apps and I cannot remove either of them. One has a Chevy logo in the middle and the other the Google "g". I cannot get TB to run to try and stop or remove, every time I launch it FC's, and I cannot access the Chevy Tools "scripts" option because it FC's too. Grrrr...

My problem is I cannot get my phone to go into landscape in the car dock. This was happening with 5.00 too. I went to UD 3.01 while waiting for a fix and it didn't happen with it. Then I saw that Chevy had it listed as fixed in 5.01 but no luck. As I have listed before I'm running LPP but could not get it to rotate with stock Launcher either. ADW works for some reason, but I don't like it.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated because I reeeeally like this Rom. Great work Chevy!!

11. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    If you remove /data/local/bootanimation.zip (or move it to /data/chevyno1/bootanimation/) that will make the FC in tools go away - is fixed for next version, but that will fix it for the meantime ... then you should be able to delete the one with the Chevy logo ...

12. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah the spinning head does not play nice with Gingerbred with cyanogen mod base. I sent them an email and they pretty much said they won't fix it. Nice app though. Just no tech support... see email Hi Tony, I just received the gingerbread upgrade on my Nexus One tonight. The auto-rotation seems to be working fine with pure gingerbread.

I think this might be a compatibility issue with Cyanogen and I don’t have time to debug issues with these custom ROMs.

Sorry

Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:32 PM
    To: contactus
    Subject: Re: Car Home (beta)

Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 10:34 AM
    To: tony

Hi Tony, what I am seeing is actually a known issue with the Android development emulator.

Are you using Cyanogen? I have no way to debug issues with that since it can’t be loaded onto the emulators and I need to keep my phones on a pure android build.

Thanks

Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:09 PM

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m seeing. Please email me and let me know when this gets fixed.
    Thank you,

tony

Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:51 PM

Hi Tony, yes I see an issue where the phone will never switch back into portrait mode after going into landscape.

Is that what you see?

Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:20 PM

How is progress coming? Were you able to reproduce it?

(Tony)

Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 5:15 PM

Hi Mark, I will do some testing with gingerbread and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Thanks for reporting it.

Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 2:24 PM
    To: contactus@thespinninghead.com
    Subject: Car Home (beta)

I have Droid 1 and 2.3.2 gingerbread. This car dock works but for whatever reason it disables the rotation. All boxes are checked for rotation but what ever position the phone is that's where the location gets stuck. Please fix for gingerbread and I will redoenload and donate. Great app. Thank you.

Search tags for this page

dna car dock screen rotate

galaxy car dock rotation problem