After Boot Loop Issue, 4G won't stay blue

Caerigna

Reaction score
I made the noob mistake of letting my phone die all the way, like i would have with my non-smart phones. This caused a boot loop. I finally managed to get the charger setting to 'charge only,' and then let it charge to 75%. I had already tried taking the battery out, and putting it back in (just so you know that has occurred also).

I have also turned the phone off and back on again, as well as turning wi-fi off and on again. This process was necessary to get my verizon data widget working again.

Since the boot loop incident i can connect to wi-fi (my home network is wireless), but cannot seem to use any internet application. The 4GLTE connects fair to good, but will stay blue for only as long as i don't try to use it. Google Search, QR Droid, Facebook, various games, etc all say server cannot be found or web page not available, or connection lost to server.

It has all worked perfectly well for a month, even for a day after boot loop was fixed. nothing has changed with internet, router, or settings. and yes, all bills are paid up, lol. any help would be greatly appreciated as i have techlove for this phone, but only if it actually has all its functions.

Last edited:

matjmonk

Reaction score
I made the noob mistake of letting my phone die all the way, like i would have with my non-smart phones. This caused a boot loop. I finally managed to get the charger setting to 'charge only,' and then let it charge to 75%. I had already tried taking the battery out, and putting it back in (just so you know that has occurred also).

I have also turned the phone off and back on again, as well as turning wi-fi off and on again. This process was necessary to get my verizon data widget working again.

Since the boot loop incident i can connect to wi-fi (my home network is wireless), but cannot seem to use any internet application. The 4GLTE connects fair to good, but will stay blue for only as long as i don't try to use it. Google Search, QR Droid, Facebook, various games, etc all say server cannot be found or web page not available, or connection lost to server.

It has all worked perfectly well for a month, even for a day after boot loop was fixed. nothing has changed with internet, router, or settings. and yes, all bills are paid up, lol. any help would be greatly appreciated as i have techlove for this phone, but only if it actually has all its functions.

Well, one of the things that works with the ICS/CM9 ROMs that have this issue is to change your network settings to CDMA only and let the phone search and reconnect. After it does that, it will change the setting back to CDMA/LTE (at least on mine) and you should be good to go. You can also download the Phone Info app from the market and use it to change your phone settings (it's free and I use it when playing with ICS ROMS). One last thing I read about was to power the phone down, take out the SIM card (behind your SD card), boot the phone back up, let it complain for a bit, power down and put the SIM card back in then reboot. I've read that that will sometimes make the phone resynch (like you used to be able to do by dialing *228). Hope this helps.

Cheers