after 6.0.1 update, ALL email notifications stopped working.

OP
MaxxGrl

MaxxGrl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID MAXX 2
Are all of those accounts synced with the same app, or spread out over different apps for different accounts?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Different apps for each account.

OP
MaxxGrl

MaxxGrl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID MAXX 2
  1. It's a brand new phone, out of box, no previous owners?
  2. Are you using stock email applications or downloaded?
  3. What is the latest version and build you're on?

1. Yep, brand new phone (bought it a few weeks ago)
2. Not using stock (unless Gmail is considered stock). I'm using the apps for Gmail, Mail & Yahoo
3. 6.0.1 / Build: MCD24.107-51.5

OP
MaxxGrl

MaxxGrl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID MAXX 2
And she may be at work and can't post while working. I agree, the smart helpful people here should be able to get this all working correctly. We all posts as we can and sometimes can't respond instantly.

Yes, I'm sorry for not getting back quickly. Had a family issue. But, I'm hear and ready to rock!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
1. Yep, brand new phone (bought it a few weeks ago)
2. Not using stock (unless Gmail is considered stock). I'm using the apps for Gmail, Mail & Yahoo
3. 6.0.1 / Build: MCD24.107-51.5
So:

1. you are using the GMail app for your G Mail account? (Yes ,that is a stock app... pre-installed on the phone when new)

2. You are using the Mail app for another account? (If it's the app named Mail and was on the home screen when you bought the phone that is a stock app also).

3. You are using the Yahoo Mail app for a Yahoo account? (That is a Play Store App, not stock).

And they all stopped syncing mail at the same time?

Have you rebooted your phone lately? Tried a cache clear?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The only other thing I can think of is check Settings > Accounts > 3 dot Menu > Make sure Auto sync data is checked.

uploadfromtaptalk1472597877164.png

OP
MaxxGrl

MaxxGrl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID MAXX 2
I just did a check to try and isolate any of these email programs. I sent emails from one to another and this is how it went: (for some reason, now I've started getting notifications from Mail & Yahoo. I must've checked something as I was going through the programs to get these 2 to work).

Mail to Mail - notification shows up
Mail to Yahoo - notification shows up

Yahoo to Gmail - notification shows up
Yahoo to Mail - notification shows up

Gmail to Mail - notification DOES NOT show up
Gmail to Yahoo - notification DOES NOT show up

So, it does look like it's a Gmail thing. I just compared my settings from my old phone (DM) for Gmail to my new phone (DM 2), and the settings are exactly alike, checkbox to checkbox.

OP
MaxxGrl

MaxxGrl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID MAXX 2
So:

1. you are using the GMail app for your G Mail account? (Yes ,that is a stock app... pre-installed on the phone when new)

2. You are using the Mail app for another account? (If it's the app named Mail and was on the home screen when you bought the phone that is a stock app also).

3. You are using the Yahoo Mail app for a Yahoo account? (That is a Play Store App, not stock).

And they all stopped syncing mail at the same time?

Have you rebooted your phone lately? Tried a cache clear?

1. Only Gmail was on the phone, so that was my only stock.
2. I had to download Yahoo
3. I had to download Mail

I'm not sure if they're syncing at the same time on their own, but I have gone in and manually synced each one, and then synced the entire phone using an app called Synker.

I haven't rebooted yet, nor did a cache clear. ( I did an FDR recently to clear up the battery running hot and that fixed that problem).

By reboot, do you mean just a power down shut off, and then turn back on? Or is their a specific way to reboot?
Also, I haven't done a cache clear in a while, but I know their is an article here somewhere how to do that, step by step because I had to do it for both my Razr and DM at one time.

OP
MaxxGrl

MaxxGrl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID MAXX 2
Maybe maxxgirl doesn't know that she has to come back to this thread to get her answer and to help you to help figure out her problem.. When I was new, I didn't know that...I thought someone would find me and send me an email to help me fix my problem.. It took me awhile to figure out how it works

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Hah ha! You are right. I joined here a year ago or more, but haven't been here since then. I finally did see the emails, but I didn't see them before because I wasn't getting the notifications! LOL

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hope that works for you maxx girl... If not we're all here to help you... I'm not as good at this as the guys are, but they're great and very willing to help you master what you need to straighten out your phone!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
A lot of times, things like this are caused by an app. i've never heard of Synker, maybe that is messing up the auto-sync? Android should do a pretty good job of syncing your accounts all by itself. Maybe try uninstalling that app, shut down, clear the cache and reboot? See if that helps.

Last edited: