after 6.0.1 update, ALL email notifications stopped working.

MaxxGrl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID MAXX 2
Hi guys,

I just bought a Droid Maxx 2 with Marshmallow installed, and before I barely had time to set it up, I received the latest update (it was about a week ago, I think). So, I'm not sure if I was receiving the notifications before the update or not. I ran across some other people (in other forums) having the same issues, but there were no answers.

This applies to all of my email programs: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Mail. Other apps, such as FB, Text, and Voice Mail, work fine.

I've checked and double-checked all my "notifications" areas in all of these apps, and everything is exactly as it should be. I even compared the settings to my old phone (Droid Maxx/KitKat) to make sure.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great! I'm getting tired of having to look at my old phone for alerts, while my brand new shiny phone is just sitting there looking all dumb and stupid! LOL

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Do you have Do Not Disturb on?

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
@252chevyboyz. Can you help maxxgirl above this post about the new update(maybe nougat) maybe delayed problems with marshmallow( my husband's phone still has marshmallow-itis)... If you don't know, who else can she ask?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
@252chevyboyz. Can you help maxxgirl above this post about the new update(maybe nougat) maybe delayed problems with marshmallow( my husband's phone still has marshmallow-itis)... If you don't know, who else can she ask?

6.0.1 is Marshamllow not Nougat(7.0). What delayed problems with Marshmallow?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Are all of those accounts synced with the same app, or spread out over different apps for different accounts?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Are all of those accounts synced with the same app, or spread out over different apps for different accounts?

Thank you too sajokaz!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

email programs
I'd guess different apps being installed. But until the OP returns, we won't know.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
6.0.1 is Marshamllow not Nougat(7.0). What delayed problems with Marshmallow?
My husband's constantly complaining about his phone.. I'll see if he'll get on the forum and describe it to you... Thanks..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hi guys,

I just bought a Droid Maxx 2 with Marshmallow installed, and before I barely had time to set it up, I received the latest update (it was about a week ago, I think). So, I'm not sure if I was receiving the notifications before the update or not. I ran across some other people (in other forums) having the same issues, but there were no answers.

This applies to all of my email programs: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Mail. Other apps, such as FB, Text, and Voice Mail, work fine.

I've checked and double-checked all my "notifications" areas in all of these apps, and everything is exactly as it should be. I even compared the settings to my old phone (Droid Maxx/KitKat) to make sure.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great! I'm getting tired of having to look at my old phone for alerts, while my brand new shiny phone is just sitting there looking all dumb and stupid! LOL
  1. It's a brand new phone, out of box, no previous owners?
  2. Are you using stock email applications or downloaded?
  3. What is the latest version and build you're on?

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Maybe maxxgirl doesn't know that she has to come back to this thread to get her answer and to help you to help figure out her problem.. When I was new, I didn't know that...I thought someone would find me and send me an email to help me fix my problem.. It took me awhile to figure out how it works

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm sure maxxgrl will be back to check on things after not getting an email during the day today. We will get it up and running :)

T2 Tappin'
And she may be at work and can't post while working. I agree, the smart helpful people here should be able to get this all working correctly. We all posts as we can and sometimes can't respond instantly.