After 4 Bionics In 8 months VZ just sent me the MAXX. What's the best way to set up??

mike5529

Reaction score
After 4 Bionics In 8 months VZ just sent me the MAXX. What's the best way to set up?? I want to get the most out of it without rooting. Hopefully I wont have the data issues like the Bionic had. What is the best way to optimize the battery??

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
We have a smartphone battery forum, I'm going to move this thread over there :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Nobody?? We're looking pretty sad. Let's not let him down. My fingers hurt! :biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Power off, charge to 100%, use to 15% battery warning. Repeat. And you're good.

NEVER kill the battery, turn it off before that happens or you could put it below the minimum threshold and with normal discharge, your phone may be permanently dead...

This battery hates heat, charge periodically throughout the day, short charges less heat. Don't step on the device, don't let the device go swimming no matter how much it asks,

Though it says its a razr, do not attempt to cut somebody with it.

Its not a hammer

Its not a tire tool.... :)

And never toss it gently on a bed or couch, cause it will bounce off the wall, through a window, and probably injury a neighbor...:banghead:

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Now that ^ is some serious advice! LOL!

OP
M

mike5529

Reaction score
Power off, charge to 100%, use to 15% battery warning. Repeat. And you're good.

NEVER kill the battery, turn it off before that happens or you could put it below the minimum threshold and with normal discharge, your phone may be permanently dead...

This battery hates heat, charge periodically throughout the day, short charges less heat. Don't step on the device, don't let the device go swimming no matter how much it asks,

Though it says its a razr, do not attempt to cut somebody with it.

Its not a hammer

Its not a tire tool.... :)

And never toss it gently on a bed or couch, cause it will bounce off the wall, through a window, and probably injur a neighbor...:banghead:

LOL thanks for the advice!! Been reading some of the great info in this smartphone battery section. Looks like i need to fool with and figure out the Smart Actions App. It seems like this phone gets pretty warm pretty quick.

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
There is a tendency for these super-thin phones to get warm quicker than phones you may have had in the past. It is really a symptom of its construction.

Watch this!~[video=youtube;7ridjtcza7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ridjtcza7E&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Since it is so tightly integrated, from layer to layer, the heat transmits directly to the outermost layer and since your fingers are touching it, you feel it. In earlier models of phones, there was dead space that would allow the heat to expand and dissipate some before it ever reached the exterior plastic or metal. Also manufacturers would use things such as silicone and rubber to further insulate you from the heat reaching your fingertips.

As it is, metal conducts heat very well, and apparently so does Kevlar, and everyone knows glass does too.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
LOL thanks for the advice!! Been reading some of the great info in this smartphone battery section. Looks like i need to fool with and figure out the Smart Actions App. It seems like this phone gets pretty warm pretty quick.

Neither of my maxx's get warm fast. I would set up your task manager, select all of your apps and set the to auto kill, this will kill them all 2 mins after your screen times out, saves battery. And keeps the processor from being worked too hard.

As far as smart actions, open the app, tap View examples, find Battery saver and tap on it. What I did was to long press and select delete on, turn off GPS, motion, location.

So when the screen times out, the device kills background data sync. Your emails and picture messages are all held u til you wake the phone, set up lime this, the razr can last all day easily, the maxx can last a few days like this.

Last edited:
OP
M

mike5529

Reaction score
Neither of my maxx's get warm fast. I would set up your task manager, select all of your apps and set the to auto kill, this will kill them all 2 mins after your screen times out, saves battery. And keeps the processor from being worked too hard.

As far as smart actions, open the app, tap View examples, find Battery saver and tap on it. What I did was to long press and select delete on, turn off GPS, motion, location.

So when the screen times out, the device kills background data sync. Your emails and picture messages are all held u til you wake the phone, set up lime this, the razr can last all day easily, the maxx can last a few days lime this.

Thanks for the help and advise. I have read in several other places since I got my first D1 a few ago that google did not recommend using things like task killers because of the way the Android system is designed. They said it made it work harder using more power and memory to restart the apps. Does the Task Manager work different then that? Also you said "set up lime this" what is that?? Or was it a typo? Also the data was terrible on my Bionic, constant drop outs. Some times turn the screen on and wouldn't have 3g or 4g data. I would have to set phone to airplane mode then reset the data. All 4 Bionics they sent me had the same trouble. SO is the data better on the MAXX??

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Set up like this, sorry, fast on frets, and I suck on virtual keyboards lol.

My maxx's have awesome data connectivity. Lately vzw has had some issues, since. 181. Nothing major. And you read that right, I'm spoiled and have 2 of them.. love end both BUT as soon as the maxx HD drops, I'm adding one of those to my toy chest :)

Last edited: