After 2.3.3 update

mikejp

Reaction score
After this update i can't seem to get rid of the icons across the bottom of home screen.they won't delete.Second prob.I don't want the contact pic to show when i get a phone call.How do i turn that off.If i can i would like to put the phone to the same as it was out of the box.How do i remove the NEW upgrade??? Thanks

OP
M

mikejp

Reaction score
I guess never mind,I just called verizon and talked to 2 people and they gave me the motorola number and talked to a tech and a "consultant" she told me they cant remove any updates,You must update to keep the warranty,the icons cant be removed and the contact pic cant be removed cause GOOGLE makes the rules.They want us to have this stuff even if we dont like or want it.I cant hardly wait for the next update.....

Beka27

Reaction score
The DX will probably not see Ice Cream Sandwich, GB is it for official updates. You can return to Froyo 2.2, but it would require you to SBF using your computer and a program called RSD Lite.

(from Beka's DX)

csimo

Reaction score
I guess never mind,I just called verizon and talked to 2 people and they gave me the motorola number and talked to a tech and a "consultant" she told me they cant remove any updates,You must update to keep the warranty,the icons cant be removed and the contact pic cant be removed cause GOOGLE makes the rules.They want us to have this stuff even if we dont like or want it.I cant hardly wait for the next update.....

You can't remove the four icons at the bottom of Gingerbread but you can change three of them to just about anything you want. The only one you can't change is the bottom left Phone icon. You can change the contacts or the others by simply long pressing them and selecting what you want as a replacement.

FoFa

Reaction score
My hard buttons do not light since the upgrade on DX. Anyone else see that one?

xan

Reaction score

try setting screen brightness to auto, go in dark room.

GB is also missing contact birthdays, clipboard function, dialing numbers from text/web/email and contacts straight to voice mail. - that last one is really making me think about jumping back to froyo.

FoFa

Reaction score

try setting screen brightness to auto, go in dark room.

GB is also missing contact birthdays, clipboard function, dialing numbers from text/web/email and contacts straight to voice mail. - that last one is really making me think about jumping back to froyo.

That works as long as I am in a dark room. I want them to light up for a specified period time every time I touch the screen like the 2.1 did. Makes it way easier on my old eyes when not wearing my reading glasses.
Clipboard seems to work on mine, well, copy paste anyway. WOW, text to dial doesn't work, that's a bummer. Didn't realize how spoiled I was getting.

xan

Reaction score
Copy from clipboard used to save multiple strings of texts. Very handy.

cjriddle22

Reaction score

You can always remove the update. You just need to know the correct path. That path being SBF for your current situation.

The icons can easily be removed if you use an alternate home launcher, I use LauncherPro, then you can make the icons whatever you want.

You can remove the picture from a contact if you want. Go into your contacts, select the person you want, Menu Key > Edit Contact > click on their picture > remove icon. You can also unlink them from you Google account, if that is where the picture is coming from??

And buddy, just be glad Google is making the rules, better them than some tall skinny dude with an infatuation with single color turtle necks.

P.S. Don't call Verizon, come here first and always. Android will do whatever you ask it to do, you just have to know how to ask :)

cjriddle22

Reaction score
dialing numbers from text/web/email and contacts straight to voice mail. - that last one is really making me think about jumping back to froyo.

I had this issue on the leaks for GB, not this one. It works every time for me, but maybe my boys on the Liberty Team made it work for me.. I am on Liberty GB v0.7.

xan

Reaction score
thanks for the liberty tip.. gonna wait a while and see if GB .6** comes along with feature fixes in the next few weeks.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
thanks for the liberty tip.. gonna wait a while and see if GB .6** comes along with feature fixes in the next few weeks.

Depending on your financial situation, you can get the Liberte Donate Toolbox for $5 and always be the first to get the updates. I am on v0.7 now, and it is based off the official .596. No problems here.

desertrat28

Reaction score
What happened to the trash can to delete unwanted icons from the home page? It used to appear after a long press of the unwanted icon, but after the 2.3.3 update, it is nowhere to be found!

chiruscan

Reaction score
Why does GB suck so much?

Did Verizon make it that way intentionally?

Rezael

Reaction score
What happened to the trash can to delete unwanted icons from the home page? It used to appear after a long press of the unwanted icon, but after the 2.3.3 update, it is nowhere to be found!

Its in the top of the screen now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums