After 12 days I am returning TB. And it ain't the battery

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
My Thunderbolt has brought on a true love/hate relationship. I came from a Moto Droid 1. Tried an Incredible for a week before purchasing the TB.

I fell in love with the Incredible and my wife gladly took it when the Thunderbolt finally showed up. I still miss it.

Besides the battery issues, which go away when I leave it in 3G mode I have discovered the audio playback with the camcorder is barely audible. I did not have this problem with OG Droid or the Incredible.

If you are still within your trial period I strongly urge you to test your camcorder playback audio. It is horrible. I paid top dollar for this phone $249.00 + tax and screen protectors.

I have until Thursday evening (Fri. morning) to take it back. I am taking it back and plan to wait for the Incredible 2 or something similar.

Sorry if I rained on anyone's parade but I don't want to be locked into a phone that I am not completely satisfied with for another year.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
That is your right.....sorry it didn't work for you. I hear good things about the Dinc 2 so good luck.

OP
CsonkaBear

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
That is your right.....sorry it didn't work for you. I hear good things about the Dinc 2 so good luck.

Thanks. I appreciate that. The phone itself is awesome. I'm sure they will work out the bugs, but afraid of the waiting game after lock-in period.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
If you don't mind 3G, the Incredible 2 is the one I'm waiting for as well. I like the 4.0 screen instead of the 4.3. Also supposed to be a hair thinner than our original Inc, believe it or not. And preliminary battery tests look good.

OP
CsonkaBear

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
If you don't mind 3G, the Incredible 2 is the one I'm waiting for as well. I like the 4.0 screen instead of the 4.3. Also supposed to be a hair thinner than our original Inc, believe it or not. And preliminary battery tests look good.

I just read something that really surprised me about the Incredible 2. The weight is .2 oz. more than original. (that's 2/10 of an ounce) The thing I loved about the Incredible over my OG Droid.

Bummer is my VZW rep. is telling me Verizon is not getting the incredible 2.

Noboby can confirm this.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Am I literally the only person with no audio problems with video playback? Haha. Seriously, it seems to be extremely common - not for me. Maybe I'm just lucky. :p

Sent from my Thunderbolt

OP
CsonkaBear

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
I would say the rep is wrong and is trying to get more TB sales. I'll about put money on VW getting the Inc 2.

That's what I say. i don't believe it after the success of the Inc. on VZW.

I just re-activated my old D1 to be safe. I don't want to drop or damage the TB in any way. I am a fair customer.

The D1 brings back memories and will make me appreciate whatever i get that much more.

I can't seem to pry the Incredible out of my wife's hands, lol.

pedromartinez

Reaction score
Yea I think I may return mine too. I don't know if it's worth the money with new phones right around the corner.

sik

Reaction score
I'm debating on doing the same is there any restocking fees i will have to pay or anything else if I bought from a verizon store

kparks

Reaction score
Yea I think I may return mine too. I don't know if it's worth the money with new phones right around the corner.

For $250 in my opinion it isn't ready for primetime. Plus locking in. Again.
u sure u dont have ur hand covering the speakers i had that problem but just moved my hands..im responding to the video calls i really like my tb so far

kparks

Reaction score

For $250 in my opinion it isn't ready for primetime. Plus locking in. Again.
and if you take it back u will lose the 4g they will be charging by the time the bionic comes out and LG dont update there phones well they might there new to the game. and no1 wants a samsung!!! HTC leads all company in device updates and support followed by moto but there is a pretty wide range in the 2.. ive posted in several threads the only TB problem ive had is a data problem but that was fixed with a factory reset today and now its working fine 2 bad when it stopped working i was using google maps and had no idea where i was at so i called the warrent number in the phone!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Kparks : ) you have to stop beating the same old drum. LG Samsung and Moto all make great devices just as HTC does. The TB was rushed to market and it is no secret. It may work for you and that's great but it has fallen short of a lot of peoples expectations so you must respect that.

Running around calling all the other manufacturer's devices garbage doesn't make sense. Have your preferences but you should respect others opinions .

Sent from my Droid

kparks

Reaction score
Kparks : ) you have to stop beating the same old drum. LG Samsung and Moto all make great devices just as HTC does. The TB was rushed to market and it is no secret. It may work for you and that's great but it has fallen short of a lot of peoples expectations so you must respect that.

Running around calling all the other manufacturer's devices garbage doesn't make sense. Have your preferences but you should respect others opinions .

Sent from my Droid
i didnt call anyone garbage in fact i just complemented moto on supporting there device and thats a step in a direction i dont normally take.. all i did was throw stats out there lg and samsung dont support there device well LG might now cuz there new to this game and we already know about samsung... you dont like it dont read my comments CK..... on the other hand why dont we talk about u bashing the TB all day? have u ever used it cuz u been putting it down before it even came out???????