Adware

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Koohitohg, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Koohitohg

Koohitohg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Something is scanning my wifi Signal when I log on. Then it tells me if it's good or bad then gives me an add. I can't find it to remove it. I already reset my phone and now it's doing it again. Anybody have a clue what to do?

2. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,327
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    Chances are it is an app that is causing this annoying problem. And chances are it is an Android system optimizing app or some antivirus app.

By reset your phone, do you mean that you did a factory data reset (fdr)? If so, your apps from Google play probably automatically re-installed. What you can do is either another fdr (only if you just recently did one bc it should be fairly simple), then go into Google play settings and set it to not automatically reinstall your apps, then you can re-install your apps one by one starting with the ones you know are not giving you this problem...

or you can uninstall your most recently installed apps until the problem stops. Then one by one, re-install those apps.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Koohitohg

Koohitohg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do believe that it was an antivirus app. I did factory reset and reinstalled the apps manually. That was thursday. Then it started again today. It got left behind when I deleted the app. Factory reset didn't remove it.

4. TisMyDroid

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,327
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    I'm sure it is an app that is causing it. FDR should have removed everything and fixed it, unless the app that's causing the problem was reinstalled. I'm assuming you did not reinstall the antivirus app. You could try going into safe mode. If it stops in safe mode, then it is an app causing the problem.

5. Koohitohg

Koohitohg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No i did not reinstall it. It is a piece of the program that it left behind and FDR did not get rid of it. I can not find it either,

6. TisMyDroid

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,327
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    It could be a different app. Go into into safe mode. If the problem disappears, then it is an installed app. If the problem still appears in safe mode, you may want to do one or two fdr's back to back. Sometimes one fdr, although should, does not always get rid of everything.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Koohitohg

Koohitohg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know what app did it. I don't have it. I reset twice. It made it Stop for a couple days then it comes back.

8. Koohitohg

Koohitohg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I FDR twice and it goes away for a couple days then comes back. I know what app it was and o don't have it any more. Screenshot_20170607-165847.png