Adware Removal

Krevic

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Coolpad Rogue
I've got an interesting problem I've been looking for a solution to for the last couple of days. Lookout tells me "Adware found". The problem seems to be "Unconfirmed 354.crdownload adware detected". I don't see any such incomplete file on my device, even in downloads, but I'm not very experienced. Lookout detects the problem, but doesn't seem to offer any solution for it. I've been perusing articles and forum posts all morning, but haven't found anything that addresses this problem yet. Perhaps someone here has an idea. Lookout is driving me crazy about it!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good morning & welcome to the Forum. I believe those are Chrome downloaded files, with that file crdownload name. Have you tried opening Chrome on your phone and clearing some of the app data? Chrome > three dot menu > Settings > Privacy > Clear Browsing Data.

Then decide what you want to delete / clear. Uncheck Saved Passwords if you have Auto saved passwords for certain websites, etc. But maybe start with Cached Images & Files and Cookies and Site Data.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
K

Krevic

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Coolpad Rogue
Good morning & welcome to the Forum. I believe those are Chrome downloaded files, with that file crdownload name. Have you tried opening Chrome on your phone and clearing some of the app data? Chrome > three dot menu > Settings > Privacy > Clear Browsing Data.

Then decide what you want to delete / clear. Uncheck Saved Passwords if you have Auto saved passwords for certain websites, etc. But maybe start with Cached Images & Files and Cookies and Site Data.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I've tried that, but I'm still getting the message. I'm not sure what the next step would be.