ADW vs OPEN HOME vs AHOME vs LAUNCHER PRO...

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
I've used open home since I grew tired of the stock appearance. I do like it a lot. But I can't lie, I think I grew fond of it cuz open home was the home launcher I bought. Share your thoughts on different launchers here. The good, the bad, and on unique features that stand out, features that all don't offer.

To start, open home doesn't let me resize widgets like I could on stock froyo home. Any launchers that don't have that problem?

DroidX + Droidforums.net + Tapatalk = Me Happier

bcals0087

Reaction score
Launcher pro will suit ALL your needs. Get the plus version for added features like calander widget facebook, twitter, contacts, all in one friends widget and more. Allows you to resize widgets, add more icons to screen 3d app drawer, super smooth scrolling, hide apps you don't want in app drawer, 3 home docks to customize. Pretty much everything you need in a home launcher plus some. Hope you found this helpful.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Launcher pro will suit ALL your needs. Get the plus version for added features like calander widget facebook, twitter, contacts, all in one friends widget and more. Allows you to resize widgets, add more icons to screen 3d app drawer, super smooth scrolling, hide apps you don't want in app drawer, 3 home docks to customize. Pretty much everything you need in a home launcher plus some. Hope you found this helpful.

Agreed...but Open Home and and Ahome are not even in the same category as LauncherPro and ADW.

rehuxley

Reaction score
I think this all about personal preference. I am using ADW launcher and enjoy the ability to change themes whenever I want. I haven't tried open home or ahome to tell the difference. Launcher seems cool but I life having my own widgets so it doesn't appeal to me.

Reaction score
I think this all about personal preference. I am using ADW launcher and enjoy the ability to change themes whenever I want. I haven't tried open home or ahome to tell the difference. Launcher seems cool but I life having my own widgets so it doesn't appeal to me.

While I love the themes for ADW, it is just NOT Launcher Pro. It isn't as fluid and as nice to use as LP.

I absolutely HATE the limitations on the dock in ADW. I can't scroll the buttons? I have to HIDE the main dock and use an invisible one for additional shortcuts?

Just not for me, I guess. I mean, ADW has a lot going for it... but LP has more of what I like and use.

themuttt

Reaction score
really liked Launcher Pro on my D1, wife is still using it on the D1. tried ADW on the DX and like the themes so at least for now, I am sticking with ADW for the DX

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Launcher pro + is the way to go. At least for me. At one point I had Lp, open home, a home, and adw all installed at once and would go back and forth but lp has the best level of customization and it's smoooooth

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

kendubya

Reaction score
+1 lpp

Launcher Pro Plus just works..I have no issues save for the manual update on calendar widget, no deal breakers, no bugs popping up, as I said, it just works.

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
So it looks like launcher pro is in the lead. How is theme/skin support on LP?

timrock

Reaction score
I just switched back to lp from adw. Just wish lp had themes like adw

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kendubya

Reaction score
LPP is a UI enhancement as it were. It doesn't do themes, afaik. However, if I had to make a choice of theme support over the improved usability LPP adds to my DX, its a no brainer...hands down (for me, at least) the UI enhancements win every time.

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Guess I'm going to have to use both myself and get my own opinion

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Adw really only has 5 homepages?