ADW Launcher update to allow themeing

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
adw.JPG

ADW Launcher, an open-source alternative to Android's bulky Launcher2, has come a long way since its humble beginnings, and now is the main launcher powering CyanogenMod 6. The latest ADW, version 0.9.0, is extremely impressive due to its customizability and speed. So, what's next for the popular launcher? Well, a couple hours ago, AnderWebs, developer of ADW put out a small teaser, via Twitter, on what to expect for the next ADW update: the ability to theme ADW natively within the launcher's settings! No more messing with ADB to theme your ADW! And there will be a link from within the launcher (possibly a repository) to retrieve (and upload?) themes. Now, when there's an update to ADW Launcher in the future, it will not break your theme. Other leaked snapshots suggest new options for the launcher, as well as different ways for your app shortcuts to be displayed. Currently, there is no ETA on the update, but Ander Webs promises "soon." Check the screenshots out below:

adw_theme%20[df].jpg
adw_theme2jpg%20%5Bdf%5D.jpg
adw_theme3%20%5Bdf%5D.jpg

Follow @AnderWebs and Ander Webs' Blog for further updates
Source Twitter

Last edited:

FrostMan

Reaction score
Woot for the theme he is using lol.

This is great, changing themes on the fly without pulling apart apks, etc.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The battery widget is called "Battery Widget".

btw... this looks awesome :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm using Launcher Pro so I won't benefit but I hope it follows suit :)

FrostMan

Reaction score

This is just for ADW. It isn't going to theme other apps, just change the look for ADW.

I am well aware of this my friend, but what we had to do to fully theme ADW until now required pulling the apk, editing files, resigning it, etc.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

This is just for ADW. It isn't going to theme other apps, just change the look for ADW.

I am well aware of this my friend, but what we had to do to fully theme ADW until now required pulling the apk, editing files, resigning it, etc.

Oh, ok :p I thought you met that this was going to theme all apps for you, sorry. lol :)