1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ADW Launcher questions

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by warped1987, Mar 18, 2011.

1. warped1987

warped1987 New Member

I installed ADW Launcher, and a bunch of the free themes in the market, set up my desktop screen the way I like them, but I noticed when I am on a secondary desktop and I click the home button it shows a page with all the possible screens. In the old way my phone would go right to the default home screen, is there a way I can get it to do that?

This is what it does:[​IMG]

And I just want it to go right to this:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  2. warped1987

warped1987 New Member

Also, I was going to check out Go Launcher and AHome, I was wondering if they are like ADW Launcher, and I would have other themes with different setups for them as well?

3. JNEHAMA

JNEHAMA New Member

GO Launcher has more similarities to LauncherPro than ADW but is a full home replacement. It supports as many screens as you want. It's app drawer can also function as a task manager as it will show you which apps are running and allows you to stop them. It has a small selection of themes but more limited than ADW. It does allow you to change your icons on the home screen and dock. It is newer than ADW and LPP and I found it rough around the edges compared to the other two. But it is free and it is updating frequently. I have never tried Ihome.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  4. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Go to ADW Settings > General Behavior > Home button binding. Choose the 2nd option, Move to default desktop.
  5. warped1987

warped1987 New Member

Thank you so much, that did the trick
  6. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

You're very welcome. ADW is a great home screen replacement app, but has tons of features/settings. Keep in mind you can soft menu > lock desktop and that will keep some of the features from getting in your way. :)
  7. warped1987

warped1987 New Member

Its a little slow and glitchy at times, and it force closed on me once already. And I can't figure out if adding all the themes I downloaded and ADW Launcher to my auto-kill list will keep closing my phones screen out, you have any clue? I just don't want my CPU to get high and my battery to drain faster

8. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

You definitely don't want your homescreen app on your auto-kill list. I have great battery life and have even enabled the system persistent option for a long stretch of time (to prevent redraws, and not currently.)

There's scrolling speed settings to increase the snappiness of swiping. I've never used themes much since I switch my wallpapers and icons on my own. Mine doesn't feel slow either, but then I o/c to 1ghz. I use setcpu to manage clockspeed via profiles. With the D2, I know there is an alternative app that manages o/c'ing with profiles similar to setcpu and more.
  9. warped1987

warped1987 New Member

Ok, so I definitely wont add that stuff to the AK list, but the rest of the stuff you said went way over my head, except the drag speed of the screens, that I knew about, just haven't tinkered with yet

10. warped1987

warped1987 New Member

I just de-selected the option to have the wallpaper move when I drag screens, that seems to have helped with the lag

11. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Well, the business about overclocking isn't important since your phone is what, 1.2 or 1.25 ghz stock? However, the profile management offered by setcpu and the other app allows you to underclock your phone, particularly when your screen is off and your phone is not in use. This is what will save your battery life more than any kind of task killer.

I should warn, if you go that route, be prepared for some trial and error to get some potential lag in exchange for greatly extending your battery. My phone used to be unbearably laggy when trying to answer the phone until it occurred to me the phone might need better than 250 mhz while it was trying to turn on the screen, play a ringtone, interpret/respond to the swipe to answer, etc. (I often missed calls trying to answer phone while it was waking up.) Keeping 500 mhz minimum setting allows it to answer every time.

BTW, does the D2G have moto blur? that may be part of your lag. A blur-less rom might be in your future if you can do without it. I'm sure there's plenty of other people that have dealt with what you're going through. You might ask for tips in the D2G or D2 forums on reducing the load on your phone. ADW isn't the sole cause, but it does have some UI tweaks that may help.