ADW Launcher in Market

dhinged

Reaction score
Just tried ADW today... I like the drawer better than LauncherPro and the homescreen flip is a little smoother (and more to the speed of typical Android animations) but overall I prefer the 4-shortcut mini-bar of LauncherPro and the app list scrolls WAY fast. Sticking with LP.

stevehy

Reaction score
Just tried ADW today... I like the drawer better than LauncherPro and the homescreen flip is a little smoother (and more to the speed of typical Android animations) but overall I prefer the 4-shortcut mini-bar of LauncherPro and the app list scrolls WAY fast. Sticking with LP.

Are you forgetting, with ADW you can have up to 8 persistent shortcuts (based on 2 app drawers)?

darklipslide

Reaction score

Are you forgetting, with ADW you can have up to 8 persistent shortcuts (based on 2 app drawers)?

I really like that extra dockbar. It's pretty sick to give your launcher a quick flick, and you've got 6 more apps available

hookerdj

Reaction score
if you set desktop scrolling speed to 0 and the overshoot to zero it really flies there is no launcher faster than adw

I really like that extra dockbar. It's pretty sick to give your launcher a quick flick, and you've got 6 more apps available

vmann32

Reaction score
Yeah the hidden app drawer is the shiz(not the rom).I have my speed at 20 and 0 bounce and it is snappy fo sho.

OP
TekHawk

TekHawk

Reaction score
for some reason the market version runs slower than rc3 for me (after setting the same settings for both). anyone else feel the same about that?

Do you have app2sd enabled? Makes sure its installed to the phone not the sd card if so

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
TekHawk

TekHawk

Reaction score
Anyone interested in me porting my helix themes to adw pm or email me what one you want ported and I will start porting them

vmann32

Reaction score
Anyone interested in me porting my helix themes to adw pm or email me what one you want ported and I will start porting them

Hook it up.I am looking for new stuff for this ADW.I had a detroit Tigers old english D on my helix 1.I am running jrummy remix blue v08.I do like all your app drawer and stuff looks good.Nobody has done anything for it yet been looking.=]

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just installed the standalone for my non-rooted Droid and I have a question. How do you turn off Preview. With LP (5 screens #3 being default) if you're on screen #1 and press Home, you go to screen #3. With ADW, despite the fact that screen #3 is set for default, if I press Home on any screen I get Preview. I just want it to go to my default #3 Home screen. It's got to be something to turn on and off, but I can't seem to find that. I mean, what's the point of having a setting for a default screen if you can't go to it right away.

If you have the stand-alone version for a non-rooted Droid, where is that setting? If it can't be done, I'm sticking with LP.

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just installed the standalone for my non-rooted Droid and I have a question. How do you turn off Preview. With LP (5 screens #3 being default) if you're on screen #1 and press Home, you go to screen #3. With ADW, despite the fact that screen #3 is set for default, if I press Home on any screen I get Preview. I just want it to go to my default #3 Home screen. It's got to be something to turn on and off, but I can't seem to find that. I mean, what's the point of having a setting for a default screen if you can't go to it right away.

If you have the stand-alone version for a non-rooted Droid, where is that setting? If it can't be done, I'm sticking with LP.

In it's the settings under UI settings, just set the "home binding" to default to the main screen instead of preview.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

In it's the settings under UI settings, just set the "home binding" to default to the main screen instead of preview.

Yes, I see it now. Lot's of choices there.

Thanks! :icon_ banana:

garzonetto

Reaction score
I was having problems using Better Cut to add custom icons to ADW launcher. Here is what I did to fix this:

Uninstall BetterCut. Reinstall BetterCut. That's it. Now I can add custom icons to my launcher and to the dockbars!

One question: How do I change shortcuts in the dockbars? I can't seem to get rid of them. If I hide the dock bars , the old shortcuts reappear after a enable them.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cant find this launcher in the market
ADW.Launcher ~ Android Application v1.2.0 standalone By AnderWeb | Productivity
chart