advice?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
All I want to add is the Bionic and Razr share a lot of the same hardware, and most people with Razrs are having the same if not similar data issues with their phones. If possible I'd push for a Rezound or a new contract and get something else. The Razr is a great phone, just seems to be plagued by the same issues. So basically the only difference is no removable battery cover...

OP
Z

zanshin825

Reaction score
Yep... That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to have the same problem, along with worse battery life.

OP
Z

zanshin825

Reaction score
Just to close it out, I didn't have any luck with the third Bionic. I did a side by test with two other Verizon phones...they both had a solid 4g signal, and my Bionic showed 4g, but wouldn't connect to download data...instead, it hung and eventually dropped to 3g.

Other than the data, I like the Bionic...but the signal is killing me. Verizon acknowledged the issue and is swapping it out for the Rezound, which they believe has a stronger radio. We'll see.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
That's the path I went and the radio is infinitely better. At this point, I have to admit I liked just about everything on the Bionic better (especially the screen). Was just a better fit for me. But like you i couldn't deal with the data issues anymore. To get an idea I made a thread detailing the two phones, hopefully it helps puts things in perspective for you. :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s-htc-rezound-everyday-users-perspective.html

OP
Z

zanshin825

Reaction score
Thanks...I'll check that out. I'm going to use an upgrade in a few months for me on something new...maybe the SIII, and I'm going to hand down this phone to my wife-- so, I want everything to be set with it so that I don't hear any complaints down the line. She won't notice a lot of nuances, but the data drops would be a problem. Felt like I had to do something. Well, that and it was driving me crazy.