Advice on warranty

thefourthseason

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just upgraded to the Droid 2 Global through Verizon directly on July 1st. I played it safe and got a warranty on it as well. Lately the keyboard has been screwy and really frustrating, and the touch screen seems to freeze up after I hit the physical keyboard spacebar, as well as in general seems to freeze up whenever I use the physical keyboard or even the touch screen keyboard sometimes, though the phone seemed to be working well before then. I have to hit the home key to go back and forth and even then it won't work properly again unless I restart it. Then it begins again! It's only been four months and I already need a new phone, apparently!? Anyway, I'm planning to go to Verizon with this over and I've never had a warranty on a phone before; what should I expect, will they replace it, and do they still have D2Gs in stock, or what? Thanks.

Edit: Sorry to kind of double post, just realized this is a software issue, and not isolated exclusively toward me :/. I switched to the Swype option and it seems fine for now. Anyone have any idea when this will be resolved? Kind of ridiculous, considering how much this phone cost.

William_04_x

Reaction score
I've only dealt with tech support over the phone. After a couple days of trying to resolve my issues, a new device was sent. I think VZW provides solid support.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

destin246

Reaction score
tell them what's going on n tell them you have already performed a factory reset n they will send u another one

iguanad

Reaction score
If verizon wont moto will fix inside 1 year.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
T

thefourthseason

Reaction score
I don't know if I should bother now, I've temporarily fixed the problem, and I'm seeing that this isn't only my issue. I'm really hoping there is a patch or updated released soon addressing this, but no real reason to get another phone?

maxwellag

Reaction score
I am not sure when, but the Asurion warranty (The one that verizon offers) will eventually replace broken/deffective droid 2 globals with droid 3s.... maybe you'll get lucky.

leewhite336

Reaction score
Yea with my experiences with Verizon is as long the phones is messing up on it's on and you haven't did any mods on it like rooting it or dropping it in water or whatever they will replace it with one of there like new phones for free if you have the extended warranty and since you only had the phone for a few months the warranty shouldn't even matter. When i had the blackberry pearl 8130 they must have sent me like 5 of them lol. But now i must say now every now and than you may get a tech guy that says you have to use your insurance if so just tell him no and hang up on him and call back. Cause remember kids no matter what the people on the phone try and tell ya internal problems really isn't covered by the warranty so don't let them tell you otherwise ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums