Advice Needed for Cloud Storage for pics/videos (aghh)

iamjoe

Reaction score
This may seem like a topic that has been covered, but I am not sure what way to turn. Right now I take pics with BIONIC & my camera, and I sync them to PC, then to external drive and then (if I sign up) to carbonite. Too many steps. I also have a gen 1 appleTV that I have in the mix that I use to actually view this content.

I need help on a better option.

I'd like to take a photo/video and have it go right to a cloud storage solution that I can access on web browser and android device.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Box.com, 50 GB FREE, and an Android app!

Or Picasa Tool and a Picasa account.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
iamjoe

iamjoe

Reaction score
Is there an auto upload app that I can set to post to a service?

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just saw a commercial for google plus that advertises automatic cloud storage for pictures. Haven't tried it yet.

I also highly recommend Box cloud storage.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Google + works great, can automatically upload videos and pictures (or manually) as well as choosing to do so on WiFi or 3G/WiFi.

Dropbox's latest update works really well and can do the same. They also allocate extra space (for free) for your photos...I think up to 2 gigs but I'm not sure.

Box, I created the account when they were doing the free 50 gig (not sure if that is still valid as it was a limited time thing) but I haven't been real impressed with Box.net yet. Limits on file sizes, app not near as nice as dropbox......though for just holding your pictures.......and if 50 gig is still the promotion......it might be all you need.

tc1

Reaction score
Haven't tried box yet, opened an account for the 50 gigs, not sure if they have an auto upload feature.

Problem with box is the small per item upload cap. Small like 100 or 200 megs.

Dropbox has this feature but it needs an option to upload while plugged in only.

Google + has been great because it has this feature. I can turn on WiFi , plug in my phone and upload pics,videos and charge over night.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

VoiceGuy

Reaction score
With the app Dropsync you can choose to upload only when connected to power and/or wifi.

REMilk

Reaction score
Is there an auto upload app that I can set to post to a service?

DropBox has the capability to automatically upload pics and videos taken with your phone to you DropBox (cloud) account.

If you do not have DropBox here is a referral link.

Good Luck,
Bob