Advice for which custom rom to use

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by johnomaz, Sep 27, 2010.

1. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

My brother in law has a Droid 1 and wants me to root it. He also wants it faster. Does the CyanogenMod ROM overclock? I figure 1Ghz is a safe number for his phone. What is a good ROM for a blur free Froyo, overclocked and whatever else optimizations out there?
  2. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond New Member

If he wants fast and smooth. Look into the PROJECT ELITE rom with a 1.1 ghz slayer Kernal..Im scoring in the High 1500- low 1600's with it and its the smoothest rom i have ever used and the Dev has more to come..

But its One of the Best roms out threre right now ImO and i have tried them all..Have a look!
  3. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

you can overclock pretty much any rom, if you flash another kernel. some roms have a 1000 ghz kernel as stock; others have an 800 and you have to install a different kernel if you want more.

as for recommendations for a "good" rom, i'll give my stock (no pun intended) answer: they're all good. but, different roms work differently on individual phones. so, finding a "good" rom comes down to trying out different ones, and finding the one or two (or three or...) that works the best on your phone, and has the features that you, personally, like.
  4. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

I couldn't have said it better.
  5. EddyBalls

EddyBalls New Member

I know this sounds typical, but CyanogenMod v6 is pretty good clocked with a 1250mHz low-Voltage kernel. But even then, HuskerKate is pretty much right. All Roms are meant for different kernels, and it honestly comes down to having fun with your phone, flashing a bunch of roms with different kernels. Can take a long time, but you'll get lots of experience in the long run. Happy Romming!