Advice for upgrade (from D1)

opeth2112

Reaction score
I'm not looking for the latest and greatest, just a nice 'next step'. I've got a handful of options with the prices I am looking at listed below. I was just wondering if anyone could post their good or bad stories regarding the following. My use would include average call and txting, moderate gaming, watching video (I rip my anime and other movies to watch), podcasts and music. Nothing outrageous. I also like to tinker, and have found myself changing ROMs on my D1 quite frequently. It's fun to do, but lately it has been more geared towards looking for stability. I love to tweak things, but I also like knowing I can return it to a stable base here and there.

Here's what I have available (I'm on Verizon): either free or $50

D X2
D Incredible 2
Thunderbolt
Revolution

These are a little over my price point, but if they offer significant perks, I can find an extra $50 somewhere lol : $100 each

Bionic
D3
Charge
HTC Rhyme

Any input would be great. Most important to me would be screen and response. 4g I could take or leave.

Thanks for any advice!

Jason

OP
O

opeth2112

Reaction score
Sorry, I updated the post to show. Basically getting the 2 year plan and another 100 off.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

JCDenton771

Reaction score
For free phones I would go with the X2 very solid phone with dual core. For your other price range I would go with the Droid 3 since it would be closest to what you are used to on OG. Bionic is too buggy and ugly for me to consider it even though it is 4g. The droid 3 is still dual core as well.

OP
O

opeth2112

Reaction score
So the dx2 would be a better choice than the inc 2? Seemed like it would be to me but wasn't sure. Thanks for the input!

Insidious

Reaction score
IMO you'd be the happiest with the Bionic or D3. But you definitely can't go wrong with the Dinc2 or X2. Both are very solid issues. From first hand experience I can say that the Droid X2 has camcorder issues, but the camera is very good!

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

Caesarg

Reaction score
if you live in a 4 g area and can afford it, I would go with the bionic. The difference in 3g and 4g is amazing I would also take what people say about it being buggy with a grain of salt. I have had a bionic and love it. Almost no issues. Although I think it is a great phone there are people who even if it made you breakfast in the morning would hate it. I, and this of course is only my personal opinion, think it is one of the best phones out right now. Ok Im done. Bionic haters flame on.

JMHO

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The Bionic gets my vote as well. I bet you would love it, its a really quick phone even stock!

ex0rcist

Reaction score
if you live in a 4 g area and can afford it, I would go with the bionic. The difference in 3g and 4g is amazing I would also take what people say about it being buggy with a grain of salt. I have had a bionic and love it. Almost no issues. Although I think it is a great phone there are people who even if it made you breakfast in the morning would hate it. I, and this of course is only my personal opinion, think it is one of the best phones out right now. Ok Im done. Bionic haters flame on.

JMHO

There's no question here out of all those phones listed the bionic is far superior to the rest I had very little problems with the biotic and 4 g alone is a strong selling point . also it has the same exact hardware as rzr and the galaxy nexus and half the price. Minus screens ofcourse. And sunlight outside viewing is unmatched. Also rzr has no removable battery and gnex has no sdcard slot and its finish is plasticy and cheap..imho... but wait they're all over 250$ lol.. bionic ftw here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Also, I think you can get the Bionic for even less than $100. Check out the prices on Amazon, Wirefly and Let'sTalk.

Reaction score
If 4G isn't a concern, I love my Dinc2! My dad went through 5 DX2'S before he got one that worked well.

Sent to today from yesterday using tomorrow's technology.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
If 4G isn't a concern, I love my Dinc2! My dad went through 5 DX2'S before he got one that worked well.

Sent to today from yesterday using tomorrow's technology.

My upgrade from the Droid to the Inc2 was definitely a big step up. I also vote the Inc2 if you just want a phone that works. It is much faster than the Droid, boots in about 10 seconds. It's difficult to find complaints about the Inc2 since the latest updates. I'm even starting to like some of the features of Sense.

OP
O

opeth2112

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback! Got a lot of thinking to do and want to look through the forums to see how the mod community is for each. Guess my next decision is how long I plan on using it ie long term vs short. Any more opinions please keep them coming!

D

dikcheese

I highly suggest iphone 4s, it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eaasily best and cheapest phone on the market