Advice for Problem with PE

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Phigment, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Phigment

Phigment Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I guess I should say I'm not a total noob at installing different ROMS but, I cannot figure this out. I had ROM Mgr. back ups of my MIUI, LFY, SS GB ROMS on my phone when I installed PE and got it up to 5.0.2 (which is really nice b.t.w.) a couple of weeks ago.

Flash forward to today and I said to my self, "Self, let's download the newest MIUI and check it out!" and here's where my problem is. I'm currently on PE as I mentioned and when I downloaded the new MIUI ROM my phone wouldn't boot into recovery. I tried manually doing it and using the option from RM neither worked....I get maybe two Motorola logo boot loops then phone just boots back into PE.

I tried using RM to restore one of the aforementioned back ups and after selecting restore, I get the message about phone being granted super user and then, it just gets hung on the Motorola logo. The only way I can get rid of it is by doing a battery pull. I cannot even get to recovery from PE (either by selecting it from restart or powering down and trying the Power + X bit).

I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this and, if so, is there a way to fix it? I would rather not have to go back to SBRecovery and start from scratch but....even though I really like PE, it's almost like it's holding my phone hostage by not letting me download or restore anything else. :icon_eek:

Thanks in advance.

#1 Phigment, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  2. dfarrell151

dfarrell151 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I lost root once and had to really flash with rsd light. Check in pe settings for a custom recovery. Do you have the such app?

3. Phigment

Phigment Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a 'Check for Recovery Image' under the PE Settings under System Maintenance but, when I click that it indicates there is no recovery image.

4. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    have you tried flashing recovery with rom manager? try that a few times then reboot and catch it on reboot with holding x to recovery and see what you get.

5. droidlady05

droidlady05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In rom manager go back and forth between clockwork and alternate recovery three times to get clockwork recovery to take. When you get every thing straightened out switch to RZRecovery. Rom manager is notorious for putting people in boot loops. I know this from experience. It's no PE holding hostage it's CWM didn't take. I hope that helps!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

6. Phigment

Phigment Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sadly, I can see 'SPRecovery 0.99.3b' listed in the Flash Alternate Recovery section of RM but, when I select the option to actually flash it, I'm getting a message that "An error occurred while flashing your recovery." and I can't flash it - to try the 3x method.

At this point I think I'll just go back to RSD Lite and get myself back up to speed, this time trying out Raidzero's recovery (hadn't heard of that so thank you for turning me on to it!) and passing on Clockwork - I've had a few issues with that application since I've been using it on my phone.

7. Nick177th

Nick177th Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry you're having problems. I have flashed two new roms since going to PEv5.2 with zero problems. I just flashed them to check them out and came right back to PE. I know that that doesn't solve your problem but, just wanted to let you you know that the problem is not across the board. I'm kind of surprised that the "flash alternate recovery" and then flash back to CWM didn't work. Good luck to you.