Advice for new phone model

driebel

Reaction score
I've had an HTC Incredible for about two years, and am now eligible for an upgrade. I'm looking for suggestions on which newer phone to go with.

I've had several problems with the Incredible, and I'd like a phone which is known to avoid them. Most annoyingly, I've been plagued with the "Low phone storage space" bug (discussed several places on various forums), whereby when my contacts storage reaches ~12MB, my phone decides it is completely full and stops syncing e-mail, sending texts, etc. I have to delete my entire addressbook daily to use my phone, and it's annoying.

Does anyone know the source of this so I can avoid it? Is it fixed in all Ice Cream Sandwich phones, all non-HTC phones...?

Bonus, I'd like a phone which is both GSM and CDMA compliant, so I can use it when traveling. Does Verizon offer any models which are?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
My first smart phone was the Incredible. Since then I moved on to the Incredible 2 and now the Rezound and I can say that neither the Dinc2 or the Rezound has had that problem. To be honest my Dinc1 never had that problem either. If you're worried about bugs and if you're a fan of HTC your best bet is the Rezound. The Dinc 4g is coming out soon and it looks to be a really nice phone. But since it's new there is no way of knowing what bugs, if any, it will have. The Rezound is a proven phone and it's due for ics. I'm running the ics leak and it's SWEET! I'd head over to a VZ store and try all the phones before making a decision. But you can't go wrong with the Rezound.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums