Advantage of Bionic over D3?

davishusband

Reaction score
Twice the ram and 4G radio....the bionic is faster.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Faster...yes, better no, its a beta phone if you ask me. Droid 3 has more to offer. Its really not a competition at all
SERIOUSLY all I see Bionic people say is that their phone is way faster...but they lose nice extras, if you are on a tiered 2g plan i feel for you. Glad i got unlimited
Plan and the better droid.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Faster...yes, better no, its a beta phone if you ask me. Droid 3 has more to offer. Its really not a competition at all
SERIOUSLY all I see Bionic people say is that their phone is way faster...but they lose nice extras, if you are on a tiered 2g plan i feel for you. Glad i got unlimited

What are 5 people tiered?

Why are your pants on the ground? Oh that's just my droid3 w an extended battery

brandon9559

Reaction score

I don't understand what that means...can you elaborate a little bit? I thought it was pretty much a proven fact that 4g is faster than 3g. I am also unaware of these "nice extras" us bionic owners missed out on by not getting a D3. Not sure where you were going with the tiered 2gb thing either but im glad too? I guess?

Caesarg

Reaction score
Long live the Phone wars!

This thread is just like every other thread I have seen when it involves comparing phones. It starts off nicely with some valid information but then quickly turns into "my phone is better than your phone." Why is it that so many people seem to have to always justify their choice of phone by telling others how much better it is than theirs? Especially when so much of the information is user preference.

If you have a D3 and like it, enjoy it. Same goes for the Bionic owners (me being one). I had an original Droid and just upgraded. I almost went with the D3 but wanted a 4g phone. That was my personal preference. I have seen numerous threads where people are bagging on the Bionic because of the screen. I do not doubt that there are people who do have issues with it but I have taken a magnifying glass to the screen and cannot see the dreaded pixelation issues. Does this mean I am right and they are wrong? No, it just means with my eyes (albeit old ones), I do not see the issue so I am happy but I also do not disagree with others who do see them.

"Be happy - Life is too short to constantly argue."

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
my daughter has a D3 and it's a dam fine phone. She hates screen keyboards and wouldnt trade me for my bionic. when we're not by a wifi my bionic scorches her d3 in download speeds, and just as importantly for web browsing, upload speeds. if you are set on a hard keyboard it's a no brainer, get a droid 3.

Tepes

Reaction score
I'm currently rocking both and for me it comes down to the keyboard making the D3 my primary. I do agree also that the speed of the Bionic is amazing. Beyond that, the extra size of the bionic screen is a nice plus, but it's not like the D3 is tiny. So yeah, do you want the 4G speed or the physical keyboard?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

gravebelly

Reaction score
I don't understand what that means...can you elaborate a little bit? I thought it was pretty much a proven fact that 4g is faster than 3g. I am also unaware of these "nice extras" us bionic owners missed out on by not getting a D3. Not sure where you were going with the tiered 2gb thing either but im glad too? I guess?

4g is way faster. This thread has turned into my dad can beat up your dad type of mentality lol. The bionic is a super fine phone and i am sure the droid 3 is not a bad phone

equake

Reaction score
The Droid 3 is nice equipment almost like the Bionic without 3G and a great slider like the OG Droid. But without the 4G its a different beast unless you live in the Un-4G half of the Verizon coverage.

I'm still debating whether to upgrade to the Bionic from the OG droid or wait until the HD screened beasts to arrive later in the year. I believe once the HD screens appear the debate over PenTile matrix screens would be over because the PPI on a 4.3 or 4.5 will equivalent to a Retina display.

darkmatter

Reaction score
The Droid 3 is nice equipment almost like the Bionic without 3G and a great slider like the OG Droid. But without the 4G its a different beast unless you live in the Un-4G half of the Verizon coverage.

I'm still debating whether to upgrade to the Bionic from the OG droid or wait until the HD screened beasts to arrive later in the year. I believe once the HD screens appear the debate over PenTile matrix screens would be over because the PPI on a 4.3 or 4.5 will equivalent to a Retina display.

Not really. The moto screens are higher resolution yet have that pixelated look. Its not a matter of resolution,but of the tech. Its simply the way rbgw pentile works.

I personally love the screens, more than the samsung screens actually.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

69copo

Reaction score
I used to be in love with physical keyboards. I came to this love by being a Blackberry user.No choice back then really if you wanted a true mobile office. Then I ended up with a Storm 1 and I fell in love with a touch screen. When I first held the D1 I felt like I was actually cheating just by holding it! LOL But then I started looking more closely and fell for the Market and the Google Maps. No more paying for that POS VZ Navigator! I didn't mind the keyboard so much because it was used to it. I did miss the touchscreen though. As soon as the Incredible came I jumped on it and fell back in love with the touchscreen. Now I don't look at a phone with a touchscreen. My ideal setup without getting into the software side is to have a 4.3 screen and then a touchscreen slider keyboard. It's perfect blend for me, sometimes the virtual keyboard cuts to far into the screen for me.