Advanced tweaks?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by apeshitninja, Nov 15, 2009.

1. apeshitninja

apeshitninja Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any tools out there to tweak 'under the hood' android settings? It's Linux based, so I assume there are config files that control everything, is there a text editor built into it?

There are little things here and there that I'd like to change, like spacing of widgets and icons and configuring some things that are just 'on or off' in the menus.

2. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    This question may get answered better under the hacks section, so i moved it. But i don't think you can edit much without it being rooted. You can get into the programming menu but that's so far all that I know of.

3. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Spare parts offers a few extra tweaks.

4. gtjokester

gtjokester New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Once its rooted you will be able to set it up however you like.. Android is still too young to offer that level of customization in a locked form.. Google still hasn't accomplished releasing an official build that the bluetooth call button works properly.. Kind of unexcusable to ignore this basic function that almost any bluetooth enabled phone can do. Droid Does.. Everything except the basics.. lol.. At least its something that can be fixed with simple little update.. of course its not so simple for the person that has to wright the code to do it, But thats the fun with Android, it just keeps getting better and better..

Search tags for this page
advance tweak android
advanced android tweaks
advanced tweaks android
android advance tweaks
android tweak tools
droid razr tweaking
droid razr tweaks

motorola droid tweaks

tweaking android razr
tweaks for advanced android users