Advanced Tast Killer

aozoranotsuki

Reaction score
i dont even care if the apps developers make are good, i just feel like they should HAVE to include a way to close it from inside their app. they say that running a bunch of apps uses the same power as nothing at all, but how do we know which ones are actually laying dormant.
like the picture of the guy's phone having 20% of the battery usage pointing to an app that was used once that day

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
All developers writing "good" apps? LOL NEVER gonna happen!!!!

True, but you know what else is never gonna happen? I'm never gonna let some crap app run on my system if I can help it. That goes for Windows, Linux, Android, whatever. Devs in the market are surprisingly open to feedback. The cool thing about the market is that there's a built-in feedback loop that everyone can see. Dolphin HD ran on startup after an update. I emailed the dev and complained on the market. The next update took care of it. I see it with other apps too. Stand up for good software!

i just feel like they should HAVE to include a way to close it from inside their app.

That's not a bad idea, but the whole design of Android is that if developers do their job, you don't need to close the app. The OS takes care of it.

how do we know which ones are actually laying dormant. like the picture of the guy's phone having 20% of the battery usage pointing to an app that was used once that day

Well, you can just go to the battery usage screen like that guy did and see what's using your battery. If you want more information you can dial *#*#4636#*#* or get an app...System Panel is one. I think System Panel even lets you kill tasks if one gets out of hand. However, like I said, you shouldn't have to do this. You should probably uninstall the thing and complain to the dev.

Last edited:

WhiteSoul8

Reaction score
Here's an idea...

dancedroid
Thankfully the Droid charges so much faster than the competition, and the battery lasts longer too.

I would like to see an "advanced" power profile application that allows us to define what we generally allow applications to do in the foreground; and another set of permissions for what applications and processes are allowed to do in the background.

I've seen my battery level siphoned by the presence of my navigation system that I exited out of, but didn't close - so - it was still running in the background.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
dancedroid
Thankfully the Droid charges so much faster than the competition, and the battery lasts longer too.

I would like to see an "advanced" power profile application that allows us to define what we generally allow applications to do in the foreground; and another set of permissions for what applications and processes are allowed to do in the background.

I've seen my battery level siphoned by the presence of my navigation system that I exited out of, but didn't close - so - it was still running in the background.

That's weird that Navigation didn't close. So you used the Exit button in the Navigation menu? That has always worked for me.

Anyway, what I really wanted to respond to was your idea. I think it would be cool if the user could take control over what was running in the background. Like, maybe I want my browser to run in the background so if I'm listening to a radio station, it continues to play. And maybe I want the Amazon MP3 store to never run at all. Good idea! I would like more control.