Advanced Task Killers for DX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cece5702

Reaction score
Is this necessary for the X ? Does it even work ? Verizon wireless Rep told me to download it and set it to kill apps every 30 min to keep phone from over heating ?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Not exactly, I recommend the application watchdog for monitoring/warning/killing applications that misbehave only.

Light (free) version linked, I run the full version and it's light on resources and does the job.

Last edited:
OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
OK thanks. I called Verizon becuz I noticed after playing several videos, my X would be warm. That's when she recommended ATK app!

Beka27

Reaction score
All task killers kill are your battery. Uninstall. VZW reps (some of them) don't understand how the Android OS works. ATK is not necessary. Watchdog is great.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Not exactly, I recommend the application watchdog for monitoring/warning/killing applications that misbehave only.

Light (free) version linked, I run the full version and it's light on resources and does the job.

What is your CPU Threshold set at ? Do I need the paid version ?

nessa23

Reaction score
CeCe5702

Interesting comments here. I have had DX for 8 mos and ATK was the first app I installed. I NEVER have battery drain from ATK and my DX will go all day and only lose 20% battery with moderate use.

I have it set to kill when screen turns off and auto restart when screen starts. Also set to "crazy" auto kill level. I also frequently pull down notification bar and kill all running apps (make sure you put needed apps in ignore list).

I suspect that if you are having serious battery drain problems, there is something else going on. And I have found that anytime I use my DX consistently for a period of time (i.e., as you stated to "watch several videos" or play a game, my battery is warm.)

DX rooted, unofficial GB 4.5.573

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
CeCe5702

Interesting comments here. I have had DX for 8 mos and ATK was the first app I installed. I NEVER have battery drain from ATK and my DX will go all day and only lose 20% battery with moderate use.

I have it set to kill when screen turns off and auto restart when screen starts. Also set to "crazy" auto kill level. I also frequently pull down notification bar and kill all running apps (make sure you put needed apps in ignore list).

I suspect that if you are having serious battery drain problems, there is something else going on. And I have found that anytime I use my DX consistently for a period of time (i.e., as you stated to "watch several videos" or play a game, my battery is warm.)

DX rooted, unofficial GB 4.5.573

Thanks for ur input! I'm trying to find a way to save my battery. I have the extended but can't tell a difference. I've change my battery mode to maximum battery saver! Hope this helps :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.