Advanced Task Killer and Look Out in Status Bar

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
Picked up the Thunderbolt today and for the life of me I can't figure out how to disable Advanced Task Killer and Look Out from appearing in the Status Bar. Any suggestions?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Uninstall them both and restart your phone. They do much more harm than good and they are both completely unnecessary and will eventually effect your phone negatively. Anti virus is not needed and task killers work against the native memory management in android.

jchammer123

Reaction score
+1 on uninstalling them both, you don't need either on Android. Even with the recent malware scare, an antivirus app is not gonna do much for you if you download something and "allow" it to install on your phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
Agreed... Get rid of them both and save yourself trouble.

OP
BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
Great suggestions, however it doesn't answer my original question. I had to remove a Batter Gauge Widget because it to would appear in the Status Bar. Removing apps doesn't seem like a viable solution to the status bar issue.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
By having these apps installed in general will cause much more headaches than some icons in the status bar. We are advising you to uninstall them because they are worthless and can negatively effect your phone. Some apps put icons in the status bar. That's just how it is. There are usually settings within the app to disable status bar notifications. If you had an app that was imperative then most people would understand why you would want to change the notifications from the app. However, considering that both of the apps your bothered by can harm your phone, you've got to expect that people are going to advise you to simply remove the apps to avoid you having legitimate problems with your phone.

OP
BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
Understood and you're right in most cases particular Apps do have menu fields that allow you to check 'do not show in Status Bar', however the menu system in the Thunderbolt seems to lack an intuitive system to access App features.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Unfortunately I can't help you there. I have never messed with an htc phone for an extended time. I tend to stick with Motorola :). Good luck on resolving your issue.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Understood and you're right in most cases particular Apps do have menu fields that allow you to check 'do not show in Status Bar', however the menu system in the Thunderbolt seems to lack an intuitive system to access App features.

Its the app not the thunderbolt. I don't have any unwanted icons.

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
For lookout open it up and hit menu. Then settings , then notification. Uncheck the box.

ziggy484

Reaction score
For lookout open it up and hit menu. Then settings , then notification. Uncheck the box.

And this is exactly what you do with the task killer as well to get rid of the status bar popup

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums