Ads being (spam) sent to phone

markmicallef

Reaction score
I started receiving a green star in my notification bar every day, I am unable to clear it so I have to click on it to remove it. Todays took me to a url: http://offers.160tracker.com

It's not coming in by text or email.

is it safe to unsubscribe? (you have to enter your phone number)

ekf028

Reaction score
It's most likely because of an app you have installed. I had that happen with a cut the rope guide I had installed. Removed and reported the app and haven't seen it since. Notification bar spam is unacceptable!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
markmicallef

markmicallef

Reaction score

jonathon1289

Reaction score
No, dont unsubscribe. You have an app spamming you. There is an app that detects and removes this stuff, I am trying to find the link for you

Here is the link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.brosmike.airpushdetector
AndroidPolice showed this a few months back.

thanks for your reply

Installed and ran Airpush detector: No installed Airpush apps detected!

Yikes, so much for my good idea of the day. You could try to unsubscribe, but I am always very wary as that always seems to end up in more spam (emails in my experience).

Bill1USMC

Reaction score
Over clock widget app

I started receiving a green star in my notification bar every day, I am unable to clear it so I have to click on it to remove it. Todays took me to a url: http://offers.160tracker.com

It's not coming in by text or email.

is it safe to unsubscribe? (you have to enter your phone number)
Delete the app OverClockWiget.... it comes attached to that app

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
dkfloyd said:
I have the same issue, but don't have that app. How or what do we do to remove this thing?

Have you tried the air push app???

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If airpush doesn't stop it then one by one,delete any apps you downloaded just before the problem started. For each app you uninstall, if the problem persists, then you will know it wasn't that app that caused it and you can reinstall that app. Once you discover that you are no longer getting the notification spam you will know what app was the culprit and don't reinstall it. Let everyone know which app it was so we all know to avoid it.

I wouldn't unsubscribe because you will most likely end up with even bigger nightmares.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

XXPepper

Reaction score
thanks for your reply

Installed and ran Airpush detector: No installed Airpush apps detected!

I had the same problem, and followed the above link to Play store and on that found a sort of a recommendation by the developer for "Addons Detector" app. Looked that up and installed it and it found the push creep right away. (It was an app that I'd picked up called "M Scan" to look for signal interference, and it had updated just a day or two ago.)

160Tracker is SOL. Yes!