Adobe says flash 10.1 for android available in june.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hands On With the LG Ally | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

From the article about the LG Ally:

It is powered by a Qualcomm MSM7627 600 MHz processor. This means you might not be seeing Flash on the Ally. Adobe said back in February that Flash will only run on phones with ARM Cortex-A8 processors and 50MB or more of available RAM, like the Nexus One, the HTC Incredible, and Motorola Droid, but the Qualcomm MSM7627 is a less powerful ARM11 processor.

So the Droid is in the mix to handle Flash.....older phones or phones with weaker processors...not looking too good, especially if they dont get updated to 2.2.

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
Yes I don't see any phone without 2.2 getting flash from what I have put together since if we had 2.2 now we could go to the site and get flash.

doublejack

Reaction score
Not to pile on "ronr"... but all indications are that 2.2 will be coming to the Moto Droid before it lands on the Incredible. lol. So much for his info.

Also, I suspected that the Ally wouldn't have enough guts to run Flash. I posted that comment in the Ally launch thread. Anyone who is considering that phone should seriously re-think their position, unless they're OK with having a lower end device with limitations.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
Ummm guys? Flash beta is available right now for download on adobes site. still requires 2.2 though so us droid folks are still sol, but hey flash is out....

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Yes Flash in June! But, what year?

im assuming this year.........lol anyway, i hope its not too buggy. i try to never over expect this things to avoid dissapointment. but who knows i might be pleasantly surprised. i wonder how much more power this is gonna use and if it will work with as many sites as it would on a full computer

wkayl

Reaction score
I tried to open a video from a local news website today. It said the usual, need FlashPlayer. When I clicked on it for giggles, a different message popped up. It said 2.2 was needed. Looks as if when we get the 2.2 update, FlashPlayer may work.

ronr

Reaction score
Sorry for not responding to posts but right in the middle of this whole flash for our phone thing some how an oil well blew up in the gulf . My best friend had the insane idea they could use some help we flew in three weeks ago and did not get back til last sat. What a mess. But more to my point hows that whole flash for june thing working out? And not to "pile on" but my phone has flash and 2.2 remember were in Wis . Thanks for asking. Hey and by the way what did you do last weekend! Sorry guys but dennis was right and you were wrong.