Adobe says flash 10.1 for android available in june.

Greg

Reaction score
Facebook

Will Flash 10.1 allow us to play Facebook games, such as Mobsters, Farmville, Mafia Wars etc...?

bonezmusic

Reaction score
is the flash in june just for people who signed up for the beta

will the flash be available for all droid phones of just beta subscribers and what about 2.2 is that an update for all droid phones or just a new phone all in it's own...

ronr

Reaction score
No flash Ever?

Hi guys ! I am going to do the new member thing an all but first had to tell you what I was told a few days ago. I have a friend who owns one of the large verizon stores in our city Eau Cliare Wi (once Alltel)he just attended an owners meeting with verizon honchos present and he asked when flash would be ready for moto droid? They said (with out comming right out and say'in it) not till fall or never. What? Denny said this was the #1 topic of the meeting. He said they would not come clean as to weather it was a software hardware or some other problem but if there customers needed flash to get them in an incredible asap as it would have full blown flash first out of all the androids. I have known denny for 15 years and he has been our go to guy for cells for 9. I bought my moto in oct. so I to have been waiting for some time My wife and I had a rather large cook out and thats were he laid this on me. He told me to come in and he would give me a new incredable for free and he did. He told me to put my moto on ebay asafp. He said that when this hits the general public the valu will plumit and I will have a $500 paper wait on my hands. Remember I bought way early. I contacted the local corprate store to get there input and got the first class run around ending with the manger telling me some time AFTER june. So to me it looks like its true. So take it for what its worth guys third party news should always be taken with a grain of salt but it don't look good. I for one am glad to see my moto go down the road it was heavy I never used the unusable key board and when they updated me to 2.01 it froze my phone and had to be reset and I lost over two hundred contacts. luckily my wife had half of them but the others are just gone. Well that's it hope I'm not the bearer of bad news. Later Ron

idulfingz

Reaction score
different every week, you would have to ask
Hi guys ! I am going to do the new member thing an all but first had to tell you what I was told a few days ago. I have a friend who owns one of the large verizon stores in our city Eau Cliare Wi (once Alltel)he just attended an owners meeting with verizon honchos present and he asked when flash would be ready for moto droid? They said (with out comming right out and say'in it) not till fall or never. What? Denny said this was the #1 topic of the meeting. He said they would not come clean as to weather it was a software hardware or some other problem but if there customers needed flash to get them in an incredible asap as it would have full blown flash first out of all the androids. I have known denny for 15 years and he has been our go to guy for cells for 9. I bought my moto in oct. so I to have been waiting for some time My wife and I had a rather large cook out and thats were he laid this on me. He told me to come in and he would give me a new incredable for free and he did. He told me to put my moto on ebay asafp. He said that when this hits the general public the valu will plumit and I will have a $500 paper wait on my hands. Remember I bought way early. I contacted the local corprate store to get there input and got the first class run around ending with the manger telling me some time AFTER june. So to me it looks like its true. So take it for what its worth guys third party news should always be taken with a grain of salt but it don't look good. I for one am glad to see my moto go down the road it was heavy I never used the unusable key board and when they updated me to 2.01 it froze my phone and had to be reset and I lost over two hundred contacts. luckily my wife had half of them but the others are just gone. Well that's it hope I'm not the bearer of bad news. Later Ron

not too suprising really, but at the same time i am sure someone will figure out a way to hack something out for us.. i use skyfire and can watch hulu with it so i am sure its just a matter of waiting it out. Thanks for the information though, although i doubt it will heavily influence most peoples decision on using the droid if they know anything about them

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Sorry, Ron, but you ARE the bearer of bad news and we ALWAYS shoot the bearers of bad news around here. Especially if it's their first post.

J/K :)

Welcome and please let your buddy know you have a REALLY close friend in NC that would like to swap out his Droid for an Incredible at the same price you got. :)

yourname93

Reaction score
lol i love how verizon pretty much ditched there "god" and now a couple months later they come out with a baetter phone and they are basically shunning the droid. nice verizon. lol

Thoraldus

Reaction score
From the Adobe Blog ...

"We look forward to delivering Flash Player 10.1 for Android smartphones as a public preview at Google I/O in May, and then a general release in June. From that point on, an ever increasing number and variety of powerful, Flash-enabled devices will be arriving which we hope will provide a great landscape of choice."
Posted by Kevin Lynch, Adobe CTO on April 29, 2010 5:32 PM

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

*Racks 12 gauge*

POW.

ronr

Reaction score
I must admit I felt the same way about the news. I did not trade my moto I still have it. I own Main street computers in town and we have 15 phones with verizon so Denny has a steak in us being happy thats why the free incredible. I called him after I saw the post from the guy from Adobe posted and he was wondering if thats the case why he and his employees are not getting this thru there verizon contacts ? Lots of confusion on this topic. You would think this news would be comming from verizon and not just from posts on some web site. So any way I have no ax to grind here and I live my life lie free(which is not always a good thing I will point out). I asked if I could post his full name and if he would come here and talk with you but he said no. He's got 200 grand invested there and I'm sure he is protecting his biz just as I would. The real reason I took him up on the offer for the incredible was its just a lot lighter and slimmer. My son is 18 and he loves his moto and is going to wait it out. I feel bad for the guys that work at verizon having to deal with this on a day to day. My guys would just make cards with my name and # on it and say you deal with this.LOL. But for me I'm going with the guy who said they will figure it out and all will be well in droid ville . And as for the guys that want to shoot me or believe this is some kind of lie all I can say is that this is the only forum I belong to other then the cts-v forum so its not like I live to post. I deal with computers 24/7 and I am constantly bombarded with computer questions from friends and family so I ditch my keyboard when ever I get the chance and try not to tell anyone what I do or more to the point what I did. I don't have a role at the store any more I just run it by remote and only go there if needed. I worked my A%# off when I was young so I could do what I do now and thats what ever I want. I'm 50 (Alright now no jokes here) and I have my pilots license and I spend as much time flying and fishing as I can til my wife wrecks the party.(again not always a good thing). You all seem like a very bright group of guys and I would be glad to field any question you may have. Thanks guys and have a great day Ron
PS not computer Questions (damn windows 7 drivers)LOL.

Alfador

Reaction score
My biggest hope is that we'll stand at least a slim chance of hulu not blocking us with native flash support.

As I understand it the main reason for the skyfire block is the pre rendering proxy, and thus the inability to block non-US users. Unless I'm totally wrong that at least checks that one problem off the list.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
You write like a 10 year old. It's stake not steak.

I don't believe a word you say for even 2 seconds.

I love the newbs who come in here and can't even complete a sentence.

I must admit I felt the same way about the news. I did not trade my moto I still have it. I own Main street computers in town and we have 15 phones with verizon so Denny has a steak in us being happy thats why the free incredible. I called him after I saw the post from the guy from Adobe posted and he was wondering if thats the case why he and his employees are not getting this thru there verizon contacts ? Lots of confusion on this topic. You would think this news would be comming from verizon and not just from posts on some web site. So any way I have no ax to grind here and I live my life lie free(which is not always a good thing I will point out). I asked if I could post his full name and if he would come here and talk with you but he said no. He's got 200 grand invested there and I'm sure he is protecting his biz just as I would. The real reason I took him up on the offer for the incredible was its just a lot lighter and slimmer. My son is 18 and he loves his moto and is going to wait it out. I feel bad for the guys that work at verizon having to deal with this on a day to day. My guys would just make cards with my name and # on it and say you deal with this.LOL. But for me I'm going with the guy who said they will figure it out and all will be well in droid ville . And as for the guys that want to shoot me or believe this is some kind of lie all I can say is that this is the only forum I belong to other then the cts-v forum so its not like I live to post. I deal with computers 24/7 and I am constantly bombarded with computer questions from friends and family so I ditch my keyboard when ever I get the chance and try not to tell anyone what I do or more to the point what I did. I don't have a role at the store any more I just run it by remote and only go there if needed. I worked my A%# off when I was young so I could do what I do now and thats what ever I want. I'm 50 (Alright now no jokes here) and I have my pilots license and I spend as much time flying and fishing as I can til my wife wrecks the party.(again not always a good thing). You all seem like a very bright group of guys and I would be glad to field any question you may have. Thanks guys and have a great day Ron
PS not computer Questions (damn windows 7 drivers)LOL.