adobe reader/flash player

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hrm..if its a connection thing then that would mean its verizon cock blocking us on flash :(

Not sure if it's that or if hulu has a minimum speed spec ya know..and if they ping and you aren't fast enough the block it. I could look into it some more. Hopefully soon more people will be running this rom and can test it out.

So what ROM are you running? And if that flash is working fine why haven't I seen it brought over into other roms at all? Seems like some people would jump at that code...

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hrm..if its a connection thing then that would mean its verizon cock blocking us on flash :(

Not sure if it's that or if hulu has a minimum speed spec ya know..and if they ping and you aren't fast enough the block it. I could look into it some more. Hopefully soon more people will be running this rom and can test it out.

So what ROM are you running? And if that flash is working fine why haven't I seen it brought over into other roms at all? Seems like some people would jump at that code...

I am running the htc desire rom. Its a pre alpha but I've got it running well. Check the rom section for details.

Its a matter of not just adding flash but porting it into the framework and browser. That being said I bet someone is working on it right now. But this rom is beautiful so ill keep it. Just came out sat. So soon I bet we see flash on other roms. Dunno if it'll work on the ese53 tho

BlueOvalBaby

Reaction score
Not meaning to be obtuse, but this is all Greek to me. Can someone just give me step-by-step instructions on installing SOMETHING that will enable me to view flash sites? Thank you!

serveitup911

Reaction score
Lol. I second that. Step by step on how we can get flash would be great!!

I'm not sure you would want this just yet. Erron is running a pre-alpha, experimental release of a ROM ported from the HTC Desire. Many things do not work yet / are partially functioning. I would not recommend trying this unless you have a lot of experience with modding and hacking.

When finished, the ROM will be amazing as there are many top-notch devs working on it, but it is a work in progress right now.

shmoo

Reaction score
Not meaning to be obtuse, but this is all Greek to me. Can someone just give me step-by-step instructions on installing SOMETHING that will enable me to view flash sites? Thank you!

Not trying to be mean or anything but if you'll read around a little...its not out yet. So there is no "step-by-step" for it yet. It needs to be ported for droid first.

joanaugusts

Reaction score
I googled to get Flash for Droid.Next thing you know they'll tell me I need to spend $250 on a device so I can improve my crappy coverage that hooks up to MY Internet connection. Best part is that I still won't have every feature I could have if we did have great coverage...Get a clue verizon.

choklitcow

Reaction score
...what?

And yes, this desire rom has been extremely buggy since its movement to a public version on droid. Unless you are lucky or know what you are doing it would not be worth trying for this at this time.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I agree that I am sure people are trying to work with this code to get it ported over to other stable roms... however still it is only flash lite... Some dumb phones had that from my knowledge (samsung rogue?) - and it wasn't too hot.

I could care lett about the 2.1 update, but as for adobe Flash 10, bring it.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How irritating that the Droid didn't come with Flash. It has everything else.

Not everything. I mean apparently it has a FM radio receiver and possibly a transmitter... but its not worked into the system. ALLDROID fourms has been trying to port in the FM Radio app from another phone, but still without final luck. It installs, but FC's every time... needs system work.

I would LOVE a transmitter so I could play music in my car without another damn wire... However I dont see how any of this is possible because why would they put out the device with the capability of FM and yet not use it. Just like when I really wanted a way to get a VIDEO out on the headphones or USB... which after some inner inspection is not at all possible because how things are hooked up in there... too bad since the iPhone can apparently.

Its a great phone dont get me wrong. Im rooted and going crazy modifying everything... I just wish it had more opened up.

Ath315t

Reaction score
I actually talked to an editor of a very well known technology company today and he said a fm transmitter is not far away for the droid. Weather its hardware or app im not sure about.

jeffster25

Reaction score
That's great that you have it. Now please tell us how to get it and what it's like and limitations. Ty

BlueOvalBaby

Reaction score
Well, I was keeping my fingers crossed that we'd have Flash with this new update, but we didn't. I really only see 2 major changes, one being the improved Gallery. I disabled the Voice Input, as I have no use for it, and the icon took the place of the comma on my onscreen keyboard. I'm sure there are many more changes that are behind-the-scenes, so to speak.

With that said, I have been trying to find a thread listing all of the changes in this update, without much luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

ETA: Never mind. I did a search on Tips & Tricks, and found it.

Last edited: